Wind farms!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
AndyB

Re: Wind farms!

Post by AndyB »

-Ralph- wrote:Don't mind the wind farms, but wonder why we don't just line the motorways with them where objections about environmental impact, visual impact and noise, would be a bit futile.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
You'd soon see the problem when some muppet tried to sue the government because they'd crashed after being distracted by looking at the wind turbines. You know it'd happen so don't even start to tell me I'm wrong :)
ollythefrog

Post by ollythefrog »

Cornwall is full of them and I really don't mind them.
I would sooner a windmill than a power station...
les9509

Post by les9509 »

I stand corrected.... but I did say that I didn't have the answers! Still, I'd rather live in a blacked out Scotland than anywhere else. I have been to most countries of the World ( with a coastline) and always fetched up back here. New Zealand as a second choice, but only just. Power to the people! Les
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Dont think they look that bad, would rather have them than a pylon.
300420103291.jpg
300420103291.jpg (44.62 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
300420103311.jpg
300420103311.jpg (79.22 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
They seem to be more or less an accepted part of the countryside now
Manno

Post by Manno »

That distracted person crashing would be me!
Flintlock. That view would be nicer if they weren't there though.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:Don't mind the wind farms, but wonder why we don't just line the motorways with them where objections about environmental impact, visual impact and noise, would be a bit futile.

You'd soon see the problem when some muppet tried to sue the government because they'd crashed after being distracted by looking at the wind turbines. You know it'd happen so don't even start to tell me I'm wrong :)
Then we'd better start waiting for the pile ups on the M1, M18, M74, A14, M40, M4, you get the picture...
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

bull wrote:

i think they need to be on hills and near the coast or sea to get the best from the wind you see, but they would be good along the motorways alright and they would be out of peoples way also, but sadly they need to be where the wind is best, i think anyway.
Big ones are tall enough to go pretty much anywhere. We have a wind farm about 6 miles away as the crow flies at Burton Latimer, we can see it clearly from our garden and the landscape is pretty flat. These things are tall! About 330ft to the top of the blades.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Manno wrote:That distracted person crashing would be me!
Flintlock. That view would be nicer if they weren't there though.
I agree the view would be nicer, but worse things could be up there instead of the wind turbines
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Never mind the look, how about the fact they are a pointless waste of money.

http://www.tw312.org.uk/?page_id=1535
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Read that, it would appear that they are pretty inefficient, however the wind turbine craze seems to be keeping quite a few people in work at the minute, so i guess that has to be a plus, if nothing else

Return to “THE PUB”