Bulgaria Meet 25th August 2014

Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Well now - Bulgaria - that's food for thought.

How about dates that would allow a ride from - or ride to - the ABR Midlands Rally next year?

I've always wanted to do the overnight ferry from Barcelona to Tuscany - don't know why - so this one might work well for that too. Boat, ride across northern Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Macadonia - and perhaps also Romania? Hmmmm :) :)

Pat
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Hot & sunny in our little part of Bulgaria right now.... thermometer at 30 degrees.

If anyone wants to come out earlier than next year then we are here until around October and the Motocamp will be open for bikers too. We have 2000 m2 of land around the house so plenty of room to pitch a tent too if that's your style.
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

I've done plenty of miles in Europe and some huge mileages in one day (Prague to Weston super Mare) but not in this neck of the woods so if we wanted to avoid motorways where possible what's the feeling for the number of days needed to get there?
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Lairyskippy wrote:I've done plenty of miles in Europe and some huge mileages in one day (Prague to Weston super Mare) but not in this neck of the woods so if we wanted to avoid motorways where possible what's the feeling for the number of days needed to get there?
1300 miles @ 45mph =29 hours riding
So about 3 hard days on minor trunk roads.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
utaka

Post by utaka »

Been posted for nearly 2 days 1133 views 43 replies, does it really need waffling about for about the next 15 months? I could understand if it was this August/Sept but 2014 and only in Europe? I have known riders take less time to plan, get visas/carnet and be on a RTW, it will be interesting to see how many of the people who have 'thrown their hats into the ring' actually go.
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

picos mestizo wrote:
Lairyskippy wrote:I've done plenty of miles in Europe and some huge mileages in one day (Prague to Weston super Mare) but not in this neck of the woods so if we wanted to avoid motorways where possible what's the feeling for the number of days needed to get there?
1300 miles @ 45mph =29 hours riding
So about 3 hard days on minor trunk roads.
Right O, 4 days makes it a bit less of a chore then :)
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

utaka wrote:Been posted for nearly 2 days 1133 views 43 replies, does it really need waffling about for about the next 15 months? I could understand if it was this August/Sept but 2014 and only in Europe? I have known riders take less time to plan, get visas/carnet and be on a RTW, it will be interesting to see how many of the people who have 'thrown their hats into the ring' actually go.
I quite like a waffle.........especially when it means we can get this thread onto yet another page :P
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Lairyskippy wrote:
utaka wrote:Been posted for nearly 2 days 1133 views 43 replies, does it really need waffling about for about the next 15 months? I could understand if it was this August/Sept but 2014 and only in Europe? I have known riders take less time to plan, get visas/carnet and be on a RTW, it will be interesting to see how many of the people who have 'thrown their hats into the ring' actually go.
I quite like a waffle.........especially when it means we can get this thread onto yet another page :P

Hmmm Waffle with chocolate sauce - there´s tonights 'postre' sorted! :) :) :)
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Barcelona Pat wrote:
Lairyskippy wrote:

Hmmm Waffle with chocolate sauce - there´s tonights 'postre' sorted! :) :) :)
Careful now, you're going off topic..........whoops, another waffling post on this pointless thread. :woohoo:
James691

Post by James691 »

A point of order!

Chocolate sauce is never off topic as it goes with everything.

A four day ride down would be very workable for the season and allow for a detour into the smaller towns, I tend to find they are far more fun than the cities anyway. Just burning up miles on the big E roads would make it a bit of bore getting there.

I suppose, depending on numbers, if a few 'teams' set off then you would most certainly have a mini adventure on the way there anyway.

Perhaps even a team rally event made out of getting there and have to pick up landmarks on the way down - so many points for each way stage picture - team with the most points gets a nominal award.

Something else to waffle about for the next year or so! :)
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “ABR Bulgaria Rally 25th August 2014”