Ullapool General Area INFO

RH_SCOTLAND

Re: Ullapool General Area INFO

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

I would always choose the shore pitches, apart from the view the shore line is handy if you have a 'bad' pint and need to speak to Hughie and Ralphie....
Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them....
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

RH_SCOTLAND wrote:I would always choose the shore pitches, apart from the view the shore line is handy if you have a 'bad' pint and need to speak to Hughie and Ralphie....
Oh dear - pollution :sick:
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

Bio degradeable....
davsato

Post by davsato »

groundbait...
Dave
davec

Post by davec »

I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

Something to look out for, helps us and if we make use of them, helps the communities up there.

Over the last couple of years many of the more remote communities in the North of Scotland have been getting Scottish government grants to put fuel pumps in the villages. They are 24 hour and take most types of debit and credit card.

They are run as non profit by the communities. If we support them, the facilities are likely to remain. Fuel is a wee bit dearer than the norm, but not enough to make a difference.

Lochcarron and Applecross both have them, as do many other villages. I aint saying not to use the franchised petrol stations, but the community 24 hour pumps - if we dont use them, we lose them kinda thing.

Be aware when you use them though, make sure you choose the correct fuel (normally pump 1) for petrol. A friend of mine filled his 1050 Tiger with a full tank of diesel in Applecross. Doh!
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

RH_SCOTLAND wrote:Something to look out for, helps us and if we make use of them, helps the communities up there.

Over the last couple of years many of the more remote communities in the North of Scotland have been getting Scottish government grants to put fuel pumps in the villages. They are 24 hour and take most types of debit and credit card.

They are run as non profit by the communities. If we support them, the facilities are likely to remain. Fuel is a wee bit dearer than the norm, but not enough to make a difference.

Lochcarron and Applecross both have them, as do many other villages. I aint saying not to use the franchised petrol stations, but the community 24 hour pumps - if we dont use them, we lose them kinda thing.

Be aware when you use them though, make sure you choose the correct fuel (normally pump 1) for petrol. A friend of mine filled his 1050 Tiger with a full tank of diesel in Applecross. Doh!
Good advice, thanks. As someone who lives in a little village in Dorset with only one pub as the only commercial place, I'll be happy to support them if I see one.
RH_SCOTLAND

Post by RH_SCOTLAND »

I should have said, they are unmanned. And easy to miss. Wee sign posts, single pump with two nozzles and an input pad for cards.
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi lads if your going to the rally,and you wonder why there is so many oap,s with sam brown belts riding bmw,s heading to glen coe the reason is the bmw club are having a camping rally the same w/end at the invercoe campite.sorry drew i know ur an oap .just a bit of banter.al
002-0012.JPG
002-0012.JPG (57.13 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
moto al

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”