Moto GP SPOILERS

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
peterekins

Re: Moto GP SPOILERS

Post by peterekins »

End of 2016, Rossi retires and Marquez joins his bezzy mate Lorenzo at yamaha. Thats the deal thats already been done in my opinion. If I was mr Honda I'd be looking to discipline him for the way he rode.Strange he said he coudn't fight with Lorenzo but went straight back at his team mate and then slowed the pace just for a change.
There's no doubt in my mind he blocked Pedrosa from going through.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I might drag out my Scalextric MotoGP set, do a quick respray on the bikes and replay a couple of races to try and get a different result next weekend (thumbs)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Mr Honda won't like what Marquez did. Honour means everything to Honda. I seem to remember them falling out with Biaggi big time when he publicly criticised the bike and I think Biaggi never got another ride on a satellite team using a current Honda engine...someone on here will know for sure?...
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

peterekins wrote:End of 2016, Rossi retires and Marquez joins his bezzy mate Lorenzo at yamaha. Thats the deal thats already been done in my opinion. If I was mr Honda I'd be looking to discipline him for the way he rode.Strange he said he coudn't fight with Lorenzo but went straight back at his team mate and then slowed the pace just for a change.
There's no doubt in my mind he blocked Pedrosa from going through.
Don`t think MM would be best mates with Lorenzo for long in the same team :whistle:
threepot

Post by threepot »

Rossi was 'stitched' up when he received that penalty. Ok,he shouldn't have run wide,but Marquez caused the collision,and he could've underpassed Rossi. MotoGP is run by Dorna ,based in .............Spain! ;)
Crossrutted

Re: Moto GP

Post by Crossrutted »

GSKev wrote:
AndyB wrote:The fickle nature of MotoGP fans was summed up perfectly well by someone else like this:

Marquez interferes in Sepand and he's wrong.
Marquez doesn't interfere in Valencia and he's wrong.

He must sit there wondering what he's actually supposed to do to keep everyone happy :pinch:
crawl back down the hole he emerged from......................... ;)
Which is located in Whoregay's leathers.....
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

I sat and watched the race this morning. I'm hugely impressed with the way VR rode through from the back of the grid, the places he made in the first lap show what a true racer he is. Sure some of the racers made life easier for him, but not all, Bradley Smith hardly let him through! By the time he got to 4th, his tyres must've been shot :-(

JL must've spent the whole race wondering when the attack would come. He rode like a champion, fast consistent laps. MM followed him like a lap dog. The only time his normal aggressive style came out was when Dani made ground after resting his tyres. Then funny enough when Dani went past he re took the place in a hard move on the next turn.

He never made a single move on JL! I bet the Honda team were having a fit!

It was very telling that he was booed on the podium, especially in Spain!

I'm now officially an ex-MM fan :-(
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Back home in Blighty now - it's a bit different from the scorcio weather we had in Valencia at the weekend B)

Sat here watching the Moto GP - although we watched it live at the circuit you don't actually get to see much of the action - but the payback is the atmosphere and that was amazing. 110,000 fans there and at times it sounded like at least 100,000 of them were cheering for Vale!!

I've read a lot on the web in the last 24 hours about the events of the last 3 rounds. Lots of different opinions and some very partisan reflections from all camps - will we ever know the truth about Marquez and his riding tactics? Maybe, but not for many many years if at all. Sure, Lorenzo has beaten Marquez lots of times - but in all those times he's pulled away and gapped Marquez but quite some distance whereas this weekend he didn't seem to be able to pull away - and when this has happened in the past Marquez has always had a go - as much as I would like to think Marquez was giving 100% it really didn't look like it - and in the absence of hard facts perceptions count - it's what most of us make our judgements on. Mr Honda on the other hand will have all the data to hand - they will know if he really was giving it everything - and if he wasn't you can be sure that he will have his arse well and truly kicked - not that we will hear about it as they won't want their dirty washing aired.

One things for sure - Lorenzo, Rossi, Pedrosa and Marquez have been riding at the top of their game this year - all three are something special to watch - shame Stoner isn't racing still as he was every bit as good as Lorenzo at al.

Roll on next year - it's going to be fireworks from the opening round :)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

#Emf53 Did you buy tickets for next year while they were 40% off list at the circuit? I bought 10 for front row seats in the purple sector and shifted them all before going to bed last night so we'll be having a bit of a party there next year :laugh:

I hope the others buy me a few beers for saving them €65 each or they'll catch some abuse.
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

I didn't realise there was a deal like that otherwise I would have done :blink:

I guess it was an only at the circuit deal?

Return to “THE PUB”