FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
mark1150

Re: FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY

Post by mark1150 »

scouse wrote:
mark1150 wrote:Have we met? :lol: :lol:
yes but it was on a dark night and the sun was behind me ...
Back to back we faced each other, drew our swords and shot each other.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
scouse

Post by scouse »

Have you got a light, mac ?
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

No, it's a dark one!

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
scouse

Post by scouse »

Okay - I think we can keep the punning 'til April now and give everyone else a crack on here :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

scouse wrote:Okay - I think we can keep the punning 'til April now and give everyone else a crack on here :D
Agreed :lol:

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
neil31

Post by neil31 »

I have just signed up to the ABR forum and would like to come to this. If there is still space.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

neil31 wrote:I have just signed up to the ABR forum and would like to come to this. If there is still space.

You need to register here mate.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -boil.html
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Just a thought this, but would it be a good idea to amend the first post on this thread with all the relavent details of the rally on it, such as timings, location etc, etc?

Just a thought, as I said.

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Paul

Post by Paul »

Paul wrote:OK here goes, In at the deep-end. Who is for a camping weekend in Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria.
Think! Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, North Pennines, Scottish Borders, fantastic roads and scenery.
This could be the first ABR mass bike meet but I need help. We have the site which will be a newly opened campsite on the outskirts of Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria. I have never done anything like this before, I have actually never run a campsite before, but how hard can it be.
Alun suggested that I open a poll to get a date. I don't know how to do this "techno numpty"
I have tried, just don't know how, I keep pressing buttons. Maybe I have done it?

The weekend can be anytime between 4-3-11 to 15-4-11. What do you think? It could be after Easter weekend if people prefer.
I will be opening a web-site in due course for the campsite which will help with bookings for interested people.
If there is enough interest I will close the site for this event.

In the meantime I need feedback and ideas to make this work. Mark1150 mentioned in his blog about a slideshow/talk. I wonder how much Ted Simon or Nick Sanders charge ?
Ok Ok, Im getting carried away.
Rideouts are no problem, you can travel in any direction and I can copy some of my favourite Sunday routes.

It would be great if we could pull this off!!!!!!

3-2-11
If you are just looking at this for the first time. The boil rally has had a massive response and will be held at our new campsite, you are the first guinea pigs, sorry guests for the weekend starting 15-4-11.
We are located at Kirkby stephen in Cumbria on the A685 five minutes walk north of the market town, CA17 4AP.
The cost for the two nights camping is £12 per person.
Arriving friday afternoon/evening my friend Jesse will make traditional Indian (Tamil) food for us and for a fee (£8-10) which goes directly to a childrens charity that we are involved in. If people are interested I can do a bit of a talk/slideshow on our work in India while you eat and drink.
Saturday a ride-out or number of rides-out very informal do your own thing, saturday afternoon "the boil competition" and general hanging out with barbeques and a slideshow by Mr & Mrs Toad on their Morrocco adventure. Due to the numbers, groups of friends new or existing with disposable BBQ's might be the best bet.
I am not taking the blame for poisioning somebody:laugh:
Sunday, home for most I guess, but feel free to stay as long as you like, but no longer than the end of September.
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Looking forward to it Paul
I was up that way on Sunday ,tan hill ,had to turn round because of snow n ice

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”