tents sorry.....geodysic vango mirage

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Simon_100

Re: tents sorry.....geodysic vango mirage

Post by Simon_100 »

ratass wrote:Bugger,do i need another tent :-)
Jb
Ditto ... :whistle:
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I guess like me, a few of you experienced campers are still looking for the 'perfect tick all the boxes every eventuality tent'. I have a 2 man, 3 man, 4 man tents and a 1 man bivi. I've taken all my tents on successful trips, but I'm still looking for the perfect one. My 2 man is a geodesic but too small for real comfort. My 3 man is a tunnel, perfect size but a pain to erect on hard ground. My 4 man is also a tunnel, two bedrooms and even I can stand up in it, but obviously slightly too big for the bike. So I guess I'm not asking much when I want, no need, a large light weight 3 man geodesic tent with a big porch that I can sit comfortably in in my chair, and that packs down real small. Oh, and affordable. Where's Desmo from Cotswold when you want him?
dave h

Post by dave h »

been eyeing these up recently,but not cheap.

dave.
ratass

Post by ratass »

Desmos off playing with his outfit somewhere in the world.:-)
Jb

quote="Spike941" post=559589]I guess like me, a few of you experienced campers are still looking for the 'perfect tick all the boxes every eventuality tent'. I have a 2 man, 3 man, 4 man tents and a 1 man bivi. I've taken all my tents on successful trips, but I'm still looking for the perfect one. My 2 man is a geodesic but too small for real comfort. My 3 man is a tunnel, perfect size but a pain to erect on hard ground. My 4 man is also a tunnel, two bedrooms and even I can stand up in it, but obviously slightly too big for the bike. So I guess I'm not asking much when I want, no need, a large light weight 3 man geodesic tent with a big porch that I can sit comfortably in in my chair, and that packs down real small. Oh, and affordable. Where's Desmo from Cotswold when you want him?[/quote]
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Tramp,

I have a Vango Mirage 300+ kicking around the shed, it has a tear needing taping on the front sleeve & wants a new pole (about £25) it snapped while I was away so had to buy a new tent tot sweet.

It's yours for whatever the postage would be, semi geodesic, reasonable sized porch too

Paul
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

dave h wrote:been eyeing these up recently,but not cheap.

dave.
They look good and the Wickiup 4 looks about the right size. Only downside, other than the price, is pegging out on hard ground again.
mabawza

Post by mabawza »

dave.
Was looking at the Wickiup 4 myself but can't justify the price, however the Eureka lone tree 4 is an alternative same design just not so technical materials. the original price for the Eureka tipi was £270 but available just now for£189.99 here https://www.worldbackpacker.co.uk/campi ... oCTWbw_wcB
or here http://uk.eurekaeurope.com/p/lone-tree-4
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

dave.
I really like that, like my mini peak 2 but with a more space. (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
ratass

Post by ratass »

Sod it that makes 7 ;)
JB
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Thanks all for input im now sorted with what should be a good replacement...if not ill sell it to one of the many tentaholics lol...

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”