Small brew kit

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
royle100

Re: Small brew kit

Post by royle100 »

how about this?

can heat on gas cooker
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."....Easy Rider
scotsy

Post by scotsy »

Thanks for the replies but i am bamboozled at the choices out there now

I wouldn't know a 'filtered' coffee if it hit me in the face, i am a simple bloke who just wants a standard Nescafe instant brew to wake up with in the morning

Ian
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

You won't go wrong with a small Coleman or Camping Gaz cartridge and burner to match just to make a cup of coffee.That's all I've ever used for years.Any outdoors shop will be able to sort you out with that.
Chasbmw

Post by Chasbmw »

Camping gaz cartridges are available almost everywhere, and proper coffee is good to wake up to!
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Here is my set up--the burner is cheap from China--so is the butane adaptor (those cans are readily available for bigger camping cookers--and cheap). The "tube" and plate are my own make-didn't take more than an hour--but any bit of tubeof the right diameter with a closed end and a plate for support will do--the wing nut will sit in the dirt but on a flat surface a couple of sticks will make it level-the tube and plate are carbon cos I can!--just waiting for a 3 quid fold flat windshield--again from China--don't seem to buy anything from "Europe " these days!
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

double post?
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Just get a jet boil and have done with it you can always sell it on if its not for you (thumbs)

[center]
animated-motorbike-image-0099_2016-06-29.gif
animated-motorbike-image-0099_2016-06-29.gif (39.09 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
[/center]
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
boatman

Post by boatman »

Rederic wrote:Just get a jet boil and have done with it you can always sell it on if its not for you (thumbs)

[center]
animated-motorbike-image-0099_2016-06-29.gif
[/center]
Wot he said ,,of all the pieces of kit I use for bike camp trips (and I don't mean a wee bike rally) this is the most useful piece of kit EVER
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Camping stoves are very subjective, what suits some may not suit others. I dont like the Jetboil/Brewkit type stoves.
For decades i used a Campingaz Bleuet, which was not only used on my bike trips & rallies, it was also used all the years i was a trucker and lived in the cab all week.
These can still be picked up secondhand for a few quid. The gas cannisters are cheap as well, about £1 each.

About 5 yrs back i retired it and now use a Gelert Intensity, which is copy of the MSR Pocket Rocket. These tyes of stoves can be bought for under £5 on Ebay from China. Gas is a bit more expensive at around £3 a cannister.

I also have a Trangia copy, that came from either Lidl or Aldi and cost about £7.... but dont use it much. It takes up more room and they're slow. Although they're handy at lower temps, that would afect gas cannisters.
Flightrisk

Post by Flightrisk »

I have had a Primus Eta Express for many years and find it a great compact and lightweight stove. The pot design with the heat exchanger on the bottom boils very quickly but it is still versatile enough for cooking something more substantial with. I like that it also has its own sparker so no more looking for matches/lighter. They come up on the 'Bay every now and then.

For a long time now I have been taking coffee bags whilst away. Not many people know about them but they are the same as a tea bag, just twice the size, taste far far better than cheap instant, and available from most supermarkets. Worth hunting out IMO.

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”