Suggestion

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
McOo

Re:Suggestion

Post by McOo »

Like the recommended ride mapping idea. Downloaded an iPhone app called Greatest Road, that does a pretty good job of logging nice bits of road, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that heavily used outside the US, yet. Some good ideas there though..

http://www.greatestroad.com/grapp.php
Alun

Post by Alun »

paula wrote:
WOW!, would love to help, me and mcoo would be glad to sec this section :)

All looks great but would be nice to have an attendance section so we can see if members are going to attend,maybe,not attending so that meet up's can then be arranged etc...
McOo wrote -Just had a quick look at the events form/page, seems to be along the right lines Alun. Don't hang around do you! Submitted a test event and glimpsed an "I am attending" tickbox before it disappeared (hopefully for moderation rather than into the web abyss), so should do the trick I'd say.
Hi Paula/McOo. Yes, as McOo has found there is an 'I am attending' tickbox for members to indicate who's going. If you want to test it out by posting up a full event, I'll see if I can work out a box for the right hand column to show 'Latest Events' or 'Upcoming Events' which will display on most pages of the site.

After that I think we have a goer, it'll just need events posted up - crack on Paula/McOo! I reckon this could be a great feature, but its another which would have to be moderated for commercial posts - commercial posts tend to take over unless moderated. The way I view this website is that it should always be for the members.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Events - check out the right hand column on this page. What do you think, any use? I've just posted up a test, but it shows what can be done.
scurrell

Post by scurrell »

McOo wrote:
Like the recommended ride mapping idea. Downloaded an iPhone app called Greatest Road, that does a pretty good job of logging nice bits of road, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be that heavily used outside the US, yet. Some good ideas there though..

http://www.greatestroad.com/grapp.php
Best Biking Roads is the app you want.

Linked with this site - http://www.bestbikingroads.com/
"It was only the beer talking, but what it said made perfect sense..."

paula

Post by paula »

Alun wrote:
paula wrote:
WOW!, would love to help, me and mcoo would be glad to sec this section :)

All looks great but would be nice to have an attendance section so we can see if members are going to attend,maybe,not attending so that meet up's can then be arranged etc...
McOo wrote -Just had a quick look at the events form/page, seems to be along the right lines Alun. Don't hang around do you! Submitted a test event and glimpsed an "I am attending" tickbox before it disappeared (hopefully for moderation rather than into the web abyss), so should do the trick I'd say.
Hi Paula/McOo. Yes, as McOo has found there is an 'I am attending' tickbox for members to indicate who's going. If you want to test it out by posting up a full event, I'll see if I can work out a box for the right hand column to show 'Latest Events' or 'Upcoming Events' which will display on most pages of the site.

After that I think we have a goer, it'll just need events posted up - crack on Paula/McOo! I reckon this could be a great feature, but its another which would have to be moderated for commercial posts - commercial posts tend to take over unless moderated. The way I view this website is that it should always be for the members.
Hi Alun, have just posted an event to see how it hangs together....think its all good :) no problem moderating events send em on over :) please feel free to post some goodies on there ;) lol

p.s. once moderated I'm presuming they will pop up on the little events calender on the right hand side?......:unsure:
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hi Paula, I've set the controls to 'all registered users' which means all members of the site can post up events and it will auto publish. It'll just need to be checked for obvious commercial posts.

Well done on the test event, please feel free to post up as many as you like - and that applies to all site members. This could become a great information resource.
paula

Post by paula »

Alun wrote:
Hi Paula, I've set the controls to 'all registered users' which means all members of the site can post up events and it will auto publish. It'll just need to be checked for obvious commercial posts.

Well done on the test event, please feel free to post up as many as you like - and that applies to all site members. This could become a great information resource.
Nice one :) thanks for the hard work to make it happen....looks great and I look forward to finding lots of cool events on here :)
Dick Dastardly

Post by Dick Dastardly »

Alun,
How about a section of truly biker friendly places to stay?
Not just a welcoming hotel but a biker owned place.

I'll start by offering up the riders rest in France (www.ridersrest.eu)

I have stayed there twice and would definitely stay any time I am passing.

This would also make a good base for touring the area.
" Ride hard, fall softly"
Alun

Post by Alun »

paula wrote:
Alun wrote:

Nice one :) thanks for the hard work to make it happen....looks great and I look forward to finding lots of cool events on here :)
I'll post up a few 'events' soon, but if you want to kick start it with a few that would be great.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Dick Dastardly wrote:
Alun,
How about a section of truly biker friendly places to stay?
Not just a welcoming hotel but a biker owned place.

I'll start by offering up the riders rest in France (www.ridersrest.eu)

I have stayed there twice and would definitely stay any time I am passing.

This would also make a good base for touring the area.
Good idea DD and thanks for the link. I'll have a think how best to do this

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”