War with Syria...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
paulh7021

Re: War with Syria...

Post by paulh7021 »

No No NO, stay away, this is just an excuse for Obama to Get back at the Rushians through the UN to make them look bad, let them sort there own problems out there is nothing for us there.
Honda 600 Hornet, Yamaha fazer 1000, Yamaha tenere xtz660, Suzuki v strom 1000, F650 gs twin spark, Honda xl 650 transalp, Bmw f650 gs, Yamaha XT660Z.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Pm sent,to tread master, al,re big brother
moto al
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

War is wrong, full stop.

Defend your own borders and nothing else, this is none of our business :(
one-legged adventurer
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

You can hear it now

"Blah blah, no option other than to act, blah blah, limited and proportionate, blah blah, special advisors in non-combat roles, blah blah, limited commitment, blah blah, boots on the ground, blah blah, tribute to the gallant fallen, blah blah, handover to local forces, blah blah, hasty withdrawal."

Depressingly, the SAS rifle range just down the road has been busy today.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Richard Simpson wrote:You can hear it now

"Blah blah, no option other than to act, blah blah, limited and proportionate, blah blah, special advisors in non-combat roles, blah blah, limited commitment, blah blah, boots on the ground, blah blah, tribute to the gallant fallen, blah blah, handover to local forces, blah blah, hasty withdrawal."

Depressingly, the SAS rifle range just down the road has been busy today.
Followed by the Civil War that will erupt in the power vacuum when we've left
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
markyt

Post by markyt »

I think we should go to war if its proved war crimes have been committed and Nuclear/Biological or Chemical weapons have been used on innocent people.
I know we have been busy at war for years and the country is skint but as the saying goes......................................

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one.
africajim

Post by africajim »

My tuppenceworth, I agree with the majority here, we (UK/US) should not get involved.

BUT,,, for those who think we should keep our heads down and ignore what is going on? Allowing dictators to slaughter innocents by the thousand has obviously learnt nothing from the atrocities of Belsen and Auchwitz.

What are the UN for if not for these situations?

I was against going on to the ground in Iraq, I was against going on to the ground in Afganistan, but once our troops were sent there I supported them wholeheartedly, and will continue to do so. But I do not want to see any more British blood spilled acting as world police. :(
Honda, the power of dreams.
les9509

Post by les9509 »

What is it with politctians? Queuing up to got to war but not one of the sh1theads picks up a rifle. Send them in armed to sort it out. If they don't reappear then we could just call it quits and stay in our own backyard. Oh yes, aren't they the same people who tell us "We're all in it together" OK boys, time to put your money where your mealy mouths are. Nobody would miss them, but we do miss the young folk we have already lost to the tactics of these insane sheep. There, got that off my chest.
Anyone agree?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

boboneleg wrote:War is wrong, full stop.

Defend your own borders and nothing else, this is none of our business :(
This:

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/18468-f ... -i-did-not

sums up why we should never sit back and ignore something that is obviously wrong.

I don't want to see any more of our kids being wheeled out of the back of a Hercules in a coffin but sometimes you have to step in when something is obviously wrong.
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

But so many of our interventions have made things worse.

Iraq...now in danger of becoming a 'failed state' and its weakness is now Iran's strength.

The only good bit in Iraq is Kurdistan, which is the one part where all the US/UK did was enforce a no-fly zone.

{Hilarious annecdote...before Gulf War 2 an RAF guy I knew spent some time there as a FAC observer,and was (I kid you not) disguised as a sheep. He lived in a sheep fold with three US marines, who were also disguised as sheep.

They used to radio-in when Saddam's helicopters were flying up the valleys machinegunning people.

At the end of Gulf War 1 Saddam had persuaded the Americans not to include helicopters in the 'no fly' agreement, because they were needed for 'humanitarian purposes' (including machinegunning people).

So the American fighter pilots (based in Turkey) weren't allowed to fire at the helicopters.

But they found that if they flew really fast just over the helicopters, they would fold up and fall out of the sky.

When he returned to the UK he had a nasty skin complaint, which the RAF doc took one look at before referring him to the local agricultural vet who (this gets funnier by the minute) stripped him naked and painted him with a purple sheep ointment.}

Return to “THE PUB”