Boil Rally ride outs

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
minkyhead

Re: Boil Rally ride outs

Post by minkyhead »

hi all i was speaking to mike recently and ive met up with mick too
we three need to get together and sort the road off road thing

ive got a rough loop in me head that should give around 4 to 5 hours on and two hours off .. taking in some lakes passes the lake trail ..coach road .. a swirly A road .. devils bridge salter fell and hellifield trail { hellifield ..subject to weather } .. and time

got to allow food and water ..photo time and dick about time

langliffe tarn ..kettle well buttertubs pass.. topped off with pauls enduro circut at the end

this is all subject to a team review but we need to crack on now and m,ake a decision

perhaps paul could fill us in a little more on his circut .. lenghth ..tyres suitability ect ect

By null at 2011-02-12

By null at 2011-01-26

By null at 2010-12-11
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Mr Toad wrote:Some light tracks and trails would be good for interest if anyone has the knowledge ?
Not a bad idea, providing the weather has been kind prior to and during the trip.
The only foreseeable glitch is that most peeps will have travelled up or down loaded to the gunwales with camping kit etc and tourancesque tyres.
And after last weeks shinanagins in my van (6 hours ) to go 120 miles by 3 recovery trucks I'd hate to have a self inflicted problem even further from home, with all the kit to get home also; it could turn into a Captain Oats moment... I might be some time.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

This sunday for a meet up, ride, plan and some lunch then?
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

minkyhead wrote:hi all i was speaking to mike recently and ive met up with mick too
we three need to get together and sort the road off road thing

ive got a rough loop in me head that should give around 4 to 5 hours on and two hours off .. taking in some lakes passes the lake trail ..coach road .. a swirly A road .. devils bridge salter fell hellifield trail ..subject to weather .. and time

got to allow food and water ..photo time and dick about time

langliffe tarn ..kettle well buttertubs topped off with pauls enduro circut at the end

Minky with you all the way

this is all subject to a team review but we need to crack on now and m,ake a decision
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Sorry about that
With you all the way bit off the rough stuff
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

mark1150 wrote:
Mr Toad wrote:Some light tracks and trails would be good for interest if anyone has the knowledge ?
Not a bad idea, providing the weather has been kind prior to and during the trip.
The only foreseeable glitch is that most peeps will have travelled up or down loaded to the gunwales with camping kit etc and tourancesque tyres.
And after last weeks shinanagins in my van (6 hours ) to go 120 miles by 3 recovery trucks I'd hate to have a self inflicted problem even further from home, with all the kit to get home also; it could turn into a Captain Oats moment... I might be some time.
Maybe Barnman could take some video of a typical stretch and then you guys could weigh up the odds with a bit more of an idea ;) I love volunteering other people! :) :laugh: :laugh:
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

mmmm ask mike about that the last known footage on his camera dissapeared int o a snowy puddle ...:woohoo:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
davsato

Post by davsato »

minkyhead wrote:got to allow food and water ..photo time and dick about time
there is a direct ratio of the amount of time a group spends 'dicking about' on piss/fag/pic breaks, or even how long it takes for everyone to get their bloody gloves on! the more there are in the group, the longer it takes.
i find if there are more than one of you, one of you is going to get pissed off
Dave
James691

Post by James691 »

Lancastermick wrote:This sunday for a meet up, ride, plan and some lunch then?

Working Sunday mate but can do tomorrow after the night shift? Short notice I know but if you want to do Sunday or Saturday I can send out a mass email on the North West group for a ride around, plot and plan for an option to be presented to Boil Rally in a thread.

Gives everyone an option and oppertunity to give thier opinion on what they would like to do and anyone can come on the recce and give their input there and then that can make it.

It seems from the replies on the thread that most want tarmac single track fun with others wishing for an option of a bit of both. Working on that for a recce to give an option for a ride out a route can be looked at that has a road that in sections splits off for some green and gravel to jin back up at another stage at the road again.

I'll give you a call mate.
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

Hi Mick (Lancaster)! :) after our conversation I'd have to agree that Sunday would be better and given the local knowledge of the lads that a ride for the NW could be done another time as much of the time is going to be plotting rather than riding to give a good route option for people.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about the route :) I love riding around those areas and can take in the roads another time :) - work work work :( come on Lotto!! :laugh:
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”