hello campers

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
minkyhead

Re: hello campers

Post by minkyhead »

thanks for that im in scan mode im going with guys i know from the varadero forum the old outdated bike waiting for god old fat mans forum :lol: :lol: i would like to stay freinds so from now until i get back repeat stephen i will muck in and never moan i will muck in and never moan i will muck in and never moan i will muck in and never moan i will muck in and never moan i will muck in and never moan :) :) :) :blink: if you wonder why theres a phesant in this clip stan one of the trippers got hit full on at 80 plus on his thunderace by the said bird on his way home smashed his visor and broke his nose ..tough stuff this road riding lark :evil: 2005 yamaha off road ..wales check out the ladies at the end one had only passed her cbt the week before .. a bit of respect required well done
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

At least you're thinking it all through. If camping is'nt your thing make yourself as comfortable as possible. ;)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
James691

Post by James691 »

Minky

I'd have to say that my option is the airbed (double). It costs more room but sleep comfort for me is vital to fun riding the next day.

I have a two man tent that has the same size base as the airbed and I inflate the airbed in the tent. I tend to move around, kick out and fidget, so I HATE mummy bags and take a double sleeping bag.

My own opinion is that I would not go for the bike tent, I'd not sleep as I waited for the damn thing to fall on me! I always park the bike at leat the bikes height away from me. Rain on the bike is just a free wash anyway.

You have a lot of options mate - see if you can lend people's and test before you go and see if you get a good nights sleep. Some are too thin and have to be blown up hard to keep your arse off the floor or prevent a dip. So checking around to see what depth of airbed or comfort mat suits you may take a little testing.

Varadero forum - fat old man club.... Sounds like a personal invite! I'll have a look. Have fun with the camping and looking forward to the report and pictures :)
Dancing in the moonlight
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

I've got an exped airmat, not the down filled one so it packs away to about the size of a beer can, I also bought a pillow pump. They started with the bag pump then made a self inflating pillow that doubles as a pump, now they incorporate the pump into the mat.

Tried it in the shop and thought great, tried it in the field and didn't sleep. took a few nights to try different things, for me having it only half inflated worked best.
Borrowing mats and sleeping on them would be the best route.
I'd recommend them, price - comfort - wieght - size ratio, very good. the down mat will insulate you better if your out in the cold.

A thin insulating foam mat underneath will help against punctures in Morrocco
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Airbed (matress) if Mrs is there and sleeping mat if on my own. Matress means carrying pump (rechargeable, charge before leaving) mat I just unroll. But then again I could sleep on a clothes line. cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Niklas

Post by Niklas »

To me it's very important that the mattress can carry my weight of 115 kg keeping my bum and bones from feeling the cliff I'm camping on.
This is much up the thickness of an airmat and the reason I chose 9cm.
If I were under 100kg I would maybe have chosen 7cm thickness.
But 5 cm or less is setting back comfort a lot even at lower body weight, IMHO.

Another technicality causing higher prices is often the ability to pack small.
I would never go for a mat folding in full width.
Travelling several weeks two up with two 65 cm wide mats rolled up takes a lot of luggage space on the back.

I wish I could point out a mat at 1/10th the price of the downmat at same level of quality but I believe there is a slight connection between price and quality.

So if the budget is limited, why not go for a used one?

Niklas
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

Varadero forum - fat old man club.... Sounds like a personal invite! I'll have a look.

check out vim vara international meeting
were heading for slavakia in june germany swiss austria slovakia
and then dolamites pyranees and home ... if your at a loose end why not ?

thanks for the inf everone im getting somwhere now
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
scouse

Post by scouse »

My recommendation can only be for the Thermarest Trail.

Had Exped mats in the past and they have always had valve issues. If anything is going to go down on you over night , the kip mat is not my first option. ;)

Pack up small, fairly light, tough as old boots and the ones we currently have are over three years old and get used all year round at bike rallies and touring so been defalted and packed an unrolled and reflated a LOT of times ;)

I am on t' large side and more than a tad over 175 kilos and have always had a very comfortable nights sleep, and combined with a cheap petrol station waterproof picnic blanket over the groundsheet you have comfort that far exceeds any cold the UK can throw at you.

As it was sand and grit we suspect killed the Exped valves and hasn't so far affeceted the Thermarests, I would prefer them if I was going to a sandy and gritty place.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

+1 for the Vango Adventure DLX. Its what ive got. It does the job. Im sure there is better but also sure there is worse.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

minkyhead wrote:Varadero forum - fat old man club.... Sounds like a personal invite! I'll have a look.

check out vim vara international meeting
were heading for slavakia in june germany swiss austria slovakia
and then dolamites pyranees and home ... if your at a loose end why not ?

thanks for the inf everone im getting somwhere now
Heading to this with Tarwdu,
switch your phone on, and i'll call you.

Big Dave
Shiney side up

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”