Takoda Camping

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Dave DRZ

Re: Takoda Camping

Post by Dave DRZ »

PaulinBont wrote: Vegie alternatives for the non-carnivores.
+1 for that.

And for the suggestion earlier of somewhere to store helmets (IKEA do cheap suitable units called Expedit) and somewhere to hang wet clothes.

Best of luck with it.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Totally agree with quality local ingredients - supporting local economy and all that.

I'll be coming up from the south at some point this year to visit friends in the Lake District. Will be happy to pop in and enjoy the refreshments and the vibe.

Good luck with your venture.

Paul :)
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Great idea Paul, I wish you all the best.

I'm already thinking about a camping weekend in the summer and I think I'll be staying with you on my way up to Ullapool.

See you at the Boil.
Paul

Post by Paul »

MarkN wrote:Great idea Paul, I wish you all the best.

I'm already thinking about a camping weekend in the summer and I think I'll be staying with you on my way up to Ullapool.

See you at the Boil.
I will be riding up to Ullapool aswell, would be nice to join up!
See you at the rally. :)
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Paul why don't you organise a camp and mass ride up to Ullapool. Would be a good laugh.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Hacknslash

Post by Hacknslash »

Hi Paul

I wish you well in your (ad)venture, geddit?

+1 on a high wide shelf to put helmets on, so you can see it and keep an eye on it.

I'm not so fussy over coffee n breakfasts. Wet n warm drinks and bacon sarnies with BBQ sauce.

I'll see you next month, good luck.

Ian

The Geek shall inherit the Earth.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hacknslash wrote:Hi Paul

I wish you well in your (ad)venture, geddit?

+1 on a high wide shelf to put helmets on, so you can see it and keep an eye on it.

I'm not so fussy over coffee n breakfasts. Wet n warm drinks and bacon sarnies with BBQ sauce.

I'll see you next month, good luck.

Ian
Ian, I am "Eggstatic" :laugh: that you like our idea. It will just be basic but good butties to start with, we will leave the cordonblue for a while. Try and make some money first.
look forward to seeing you all.
Paul

Post by Paul »

dubber68 wrote:Paul why don't you organise a camp and mass ride up to Ullapool. Would be a good laugh.
I am of course always game and might put a post up nearer the time, sounds good.
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

Hacknslash wrote: +1 on a high wide shelf to put helmets on, so you can see it and keep an eye on it.

Agreed,keep it somewhere warm and dry at first.Hot drinks,basic food but not cheap dogburgers.Somewhere to hang wet kit.Decent toilets.I hope to be passing that way in June :) .
Paul

Post by Paul »

trophydave wrote:
Hacknslash wrote: +1 on a high wide shelf to put helmets on, so you can see it and keep an eye on it.

Agreed,keep it somewhere warm and dry at first.Hot drinks,basic food but not cheap dogburgers.Somewhere to hang wet kit.Decent toilets.I hope to be passing that way in June :) .
Cheers Dave, I am getting a bit worried about peoples expectations now :unsure: :unsure:

we do have lovely toilets and somewhere warm and dry to sit. I am hoping for a good summer so people can just hang about outside where we have picnic tables next to the river.

Think roadside snack bar with good butties ,bacon sausage, egg, burgers and a brew, maybe a few cakes, mars bars and cans of pop, ice-cream, somewhere to sit if it's raining and toilets.
I am setting this up with no money to speak of, just giving it a go, trying to survive.

Cheers,
Paul

edit: we can afford proper sauce.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”