Considering Commute on Royal Enfield, Mad?

The Things We Ride
MORT 666

Re: Considering Commute on Royal Enfield, Mad?

Post by MORT 666 »

I think it would be a Yamaha xt660z tenere for the fuel consumption and weather protection.+80MPH :whistle:
mrdelmonti

Post by mrdelmonti »

Well something that happened this weekend means a second bike is totally out of the window so I think I'll be looking at XT660Zs in the new year.

Cheers for the help guys and gals.
Gaffer64

Post by Gaffer64 »

Hi,

Just my opinion as I have a RE 350 classic, and a BMW GS. Out of the two I prefer the RE, like you said easy to work on etc. I have done JOG and a tour of Ireland (both in 4 days) from Leeds. I really like to ride the RE, but........... not sure of the 65MPH, mine struggles to get anywhere near that, and I have done everything to make it go faster, breath better. No heated grips, no winter protection etc. The bike only broke down twice both on the tour of Ireland and both within 20 mins of each other, and both fixed at the side of the road, which I couldn't say that about the GS. I think if you don't mined it being ruined by the winter and you allow plenty of time to complete your journey then the RE would do, otherwise get a winter bike similiar to what was suggested.

Good luck with your choice.

Cheers Mike G
davsato

Post by davsato »

forget that EFi rubbish, if you want economy you need an enfield robin.
Dave
MORT 666

Post by MORT 666 »

Yes the diesel one.
gsking

Post by gsking »

I commute 55 miles each day on an 1150 GS. ABS,spot lights,50 MPG and servicing every 10,000 miles. Have muffs and a Gaucho to keep me warm and wally flaps to keep feet dry. Not the cheapest to buy but easy to service and will run for a long time if you get a good one.

Good luggage capacity - regularly carry bicycle wheels, two cases of beer, 50 kg coffee etc..

Wash it once a year and still looks good!

Travel in safety and comfort. Don't struggle with a small engine with low power.
andymac

Post by andymac »

Have a look at a 600 burgman,,,,,,,scooter
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
bull

Post by bull »

suzuki bandit 600cc or 1200cc, they are a good old work horse, buy one cheap these days,
MORT 666

Post by MORT 666 »

It depends how much money you got to spend. :blink:
Gareth 1979

Post by Gareth 1979 »

bull wrote:suzuki bandit 600cc or 1200cc, they are a good old work horse, buy one cheap these days,
+1 for the bandit 6. I commuted on one daily for about 4 years. Over winter hosed it down every day, washed it properly once a weak. It never missed a beat.

Return to “BIKES”