BLUE PETER GARAGE SECURITY

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Diesel Pete

Re: BLUE PETER GARAGE SECURITY

Post by Diesel Pete »

father zed wrote: Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly more draconian penal/judicial system
dealing with these beggars .... when they are caught ......... seems to be a lot of
'do goodery' buggering things up....
I agree and in fact I did once catch two of the fookers in my house in the process of parting me with my hard earned things. I did apply some draconian punishment to the first and was busy applying medeaval punishments to the second when the cavalry came in the form of her majestys police force, loads of the buggers who then took the scoundrels away.

Sadly, they also took me away and I spent a night in the cells being warned that I may be facing charges possibly even for GBH. T'wasn't a pleasant night but I was freed without charge in the end.

The moral is; if you catch them at it either be nice or make sure they are never found :whistle:

Just as a side note, aprt from the officer who took me away all of the police I came into contact with were very nice to me and on myu side. The officer who took me away was clumped by yours truly which may have upset him. In my defence it was dark and I just saw another body coming towards me :S
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

Diesel Pete wrote:
father zed wrote: Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly more draconian penal/judicial system
dealing with these beggars .... when they are caught ......... seems to be a lot of
I agree and in fact I did once catch two of the fookers in my house in the process of parting me with my hard earned things. I did apply some draconian punishment to the first and was busy applying medeaval punishments to the second when the cavalry came in the form of her majestys police force, loads of the buggers who then took the scoundrels away.

Sadly, they also took me away and I spent a night in the cells being warned that I may be facing charges possibly even for GBH. T'wasn't a pleasant night but I was freed without charge in the end.

The moral is; if you catch them at it either be nice or make sure they are never found :whistle:

Just as a side note, aprt from the officer who took me away all of the police I came into contact with were very nice to me and on myu side. The officer who took me away was clumped by yours truly which may have upset him. In my defence it was dark and I just saw another body coming towards me :S
NICE ONE
father zed

Post by father zed »

SPEN wrote:
Diesel Pete wrote:

NICE ONE
Nice one x 2 ;)

I follow the School of Common Sense on this one....

If you're in somebody else's home, and up to no good, you leave your
human rights at the gate.

But, as the old saying goes, the law is an ass.......... :dry:
Frustrated Nomad :-) (but one day, things will change)
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

After having my caravan which was at a storage compound broken into several years ago I called to check on it as I was passing & found the youth who had broken into it the week before had broken in again & was nicely asleep on the floor he got a rude awakening as I reach in grabbed him by the throat & pulled him out he nearly sh1t himself I marched him into the cop shop with his arm up his back the desk sarge asked me if I'd hit him I said no he said you should've done just a couple of real good uns then they can't say you went over the top so should anything happen again thats what I will do.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
davsato

Post by davsato »

whats to stop a toerag using the padlock as a handle to unscrew the rawlbolt? they are not actually that tight.

if you have other access to the inside of the door, a couple of simple gate draw bolts will do, one at each bottom corner. you dont even need to padlock them. if you dont have inner access, then window bolts put in the door work well (the ones with the star shaped 'key', and only leave a 1/4" hole in the door.

the wood battens screwed behind the rails to prevent them bending in is genius
Dave
Blueoffroader400

Post by Blueoffroader400 »

So any top security tips for electric garages?? I had some Fu...... break into the rear of the garage through the door, it wasn't even locked and they broke in! Thankfully didn't know how to open an electric garage from within :woohoo: So tried to lift it from the floor and safety latches broke so he couldn't open it!

I scared him off as he heard me coming, but have been told by the police that they will be back for my KTM!!

So any more tips????

I have fitted a small alarm on door entry, and did initially knock up a trip wire in my garden......

So what more should I do :blush:
R1200GSA, KTM Exc 300, L200 Warrior
Will

Post by Will »

Been reading this with interest what would be recomemded if you have access from inside
Bsa A10
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I've thought of fitting one of these kits?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garage-Door-H ... 3f1d2a156f
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Will

Post by Will »

lancashirelad wrote:I've thought of fitting one of these kits?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garage-Door-H ... 3f1d2a156f
Have seen those but mine is brick and door is in rebate so no room :(
Bsa A10
chrisinflight

Post by chrisinflight »

A few months back my electric roller shutter door was lifted/forced up and left hanging over the main tube. It`s also been kicked in twice. All three times I have removed one runner and re-installed the door with no damage. This happened a couple of weeks after I chased away two youths prising the lower shutters out from the runners. During the break-in they triggered a 120Db PIR alarm which chased them away but didn`t wake me! These are around £30 from Maplin and well worth it.
I also have a disc lock on bike, a door alarm on the bottom of the roller shutter door and a 7ft. length 3x2 timber jammed between the tube and bolts mounted on the bottom of the rear of the door. This prevents the door being lifted. You need inside access though.
I`ve thought about a full width concertina steel security gate on the inside as the perfect but no doubt pricey. Warning: Be careful locking an electric roller door with a hasp and staple type of lock, or any kind of jamming. If you accidentally trigger the remote you will trash the motor. I did it :)
cheers for now.
chris

Image0103.jpg
Image0103.jpg (62.9 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
2016 Beta 300rr- In the 2 stroke come-back club!

Return to “HOW TO..........”