Big Bike Adventure Rally

Win free stuff
moto al

Re: Big Bike Adventure Rally

Post by moto al »

Mike54 wrote:And there we are. Riding on hard packed fire roads (and not at high speed either) is not going to trash anything. the most damage people do to their bikes is at low speed or no speed on tarmac. there seems to exist some kind of perception that riding a big bike on anything but tarmac is going to trash it no matter what, it's rubbish.
hi try the west coast of ecosse. some parts have had no rain for 13 weeks.& no olympics>... cheers moto al
st-catherines_02_740x168px1_2012-07-21.jpg
st-catherines_02_740x168px1_2012-07-21.jpg (23.31 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
moto al
herman

Post by herman »

Tis a shame when events are cancelled, the rallies are mostly fully booked but anything that involves camping or has the potential to be a bit iffy when wet then folks are going to wait til the last minute before booking...no good for the organisers as they have a break even number. On a personal note if I had a 13k machine and it had been raining for the last three weeks it would not be hitting fire roads.....instead I have cheap bikes covered in cack right now. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Harty

Post by Harty »

+1 from me as well

You've heard of Chelsea tractors, how about Bitumen bikers!
.....eat my dirt!
Harty

Post by Harty »

moto al wrote:
Mike54 wrote:And there we are. Riding on hard packed fire roads (and not at high speed either) is not going to trash anything. the most damage people do to their bikes is at low speed or no speed on tarmac. there seems to exist some kind of perception that riding a big bike on anything but tarmac is going to trash it no matter what, it's rubbish.
hi try the west coast of ecosse. some parts have had no rain for 13 weeks.& no olympics>... cheers moto al
st-catherines_02_740x168px1_2012-07-21.jpg
Not next week they won't have,cos it's forecast to piss down. I've cancelled me 2 week jolly to the West coast of Scotland cos of it. Czech Republic here we come(Only an extra 200 miles more than Scotland!)
.....eat my dirt!
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Mike54 wrote:Same with 4x4's; I see loads of landrovers where I live with the roof tents, the big wheels, the hi lift jack on the back. the closest they ever get to doing anything is going over a kerb at the local tesco car park. Still, each to their own, not having a go at that, i just don't really understand it.
Not all of us are like that ;)

Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Yeah I know Tony B)

btw, what are your bike brackets on the trailer? do they just secure to the pegs? saw them from a distance at the K2 and meant to ask
michaelmy

Post by michaelmy »

Blue Light Off Road Club are now running a 2 day event on Salisbury Plain instead

They were running day 2 of the BBRC 500 anyway.....

So sign up now!! but not sure where the link is on the site!
http://bluelightoffroadclub.co.uk/

Hi michael
We were running day two for BBRC at Salisbury Plain. So we will now make Salisbury Plain a two day event. I take you will be staying in near by hotel accommodation, I will source some hotel B&B's nearby etc. The two day event will be £65 for the two days, with access to the driver training area and the Plain it's self. Toilets on site as well as catering. I'll get the regs out soon.
Regards john
Michaelmy in London

BMW R 80 G/S, Honda Monkey,

supporting TRF, Rallymoto events, MCC Long Distance Trials
Jonnywave

Post by Jonnywave »

im in ! is it still going to have the same bike restrictions?
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I doubt it as I assume it'll just be for fun, not a competitive event.

Mike54 wrote:btw, what are your bike brackets on the trailer? do they just secure to the pegs? saw them from a distance at the K2 and meant to ask
Mike it's pretty conventional, I just use lockstraps to hold it down, I have extended the mountings each side to make the straps more stable especially when I'm carrying two bikes.

You can see it here (even though it's not actually strapped down)
DSCF0867-LowRes.JPG
DSCF0867-LowRes.JPG (58.83 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

so are the BLORC going to put the people on their two day event in with the BBRC people on day two??
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750

Return to “COMPETITIONS”