what have you done to your bike today??

The Things We Ride
blue bus

Re: what have you done to your bike today??

Post by blue bus »

changed air filter on F800gt, i cannot believe what you have to remove to get at it, im sure the people were having a laugh when they designed that, and of coarse had 2 torx screws left over when everything back togeather so panels off again
gbags

Post by gbags »

Don’t laugh. I don’t have a technical bone in my body and this represents my highest technical achievement.
9AFAB368-2330-48D2-AC20-AE70E9717868.jpeg
9AFAB368-2330-48D2-AC20-AE70E9717868.jpeg (178.64 KiB) Viewed 4907 times
My Garmin is great but the wiring died on this trip. The solution was old mother Gbags sitting behind me with her phone giving directions. Usually it seemed to be You should have turned there or, from behind me, That way!

Lots of swearing later I came up with this. Power take off plug with USB outlet, connected by far too long a cable to the charge socket on the Garmin. That worked off the bike but couldn’t fit when mounted on the Garmin cradle. I pared down the cable but couldn’t get it to sit in the cradle and still work.
This went on for weeks, sourcing a plug in adapter, breaking it while backing, getting it repaired, getting the right cable. Then about five yards of Gorilla tape and I knocked up a sling to go over the useless cradle and some more to hold it in place.
And it’s flawless, worked all day today.
illmor

Post by illmor »

Went to change bulbs on my 07 versys 650. Phillips VisionPlus. Well, imagine my surprise

Old one left, new on the rightImageImage

I thought it's H4 socket, but H4 has 3 pins. I need to buy two H7 sockets and do bit of soldering. The joy of second hand bike ownership lol
Wysłane z mojego RMX2155 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

:shock: ...took a leap of faith with my 'abba' stand...but it does work... 8-)

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
illmor

Post by illmor »

Front arm need extending. I've done it to my DIY kit. Be careful

Wysłane z mojego RMX2155 przy użyciu Tapatalka

macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Scott_rider wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:21 pm :shock: ...took a leap of faith with my 'abba' stand...but it does work... 8-)

Hi Scott.

How do you find ownership of the Suzuki then..? I do like the look of them.....a lot, suppose I'm a bit of a Suzuki fan-boy as owned my DL1000 for past 15yrs etc.
Apparently that K5 engine is meant to be totally stonking...!

Regards,
Peter
Scotland
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

macvisual wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:50 pm
Hi Scott.

How do you find ownership of the Suzuki then..? I do like the look of them.....a lot, suppose I'm a bit of a Suzuki fan-boy as owned my DL1000 for past 15yrs etc.
Apparently that K5 engine is meant to be totally stonking...!

Regards,
Peter
Scotland
Hi Peter

The ownership of the Suzuki has been excellent. I've done 4,000 miles in a year and have done an oil service, changed the brake pads to EBC pads (although the standard ones had loads of life left in them), and put new tyres on. That's about it. The Suzuki dealer is really good as well (Kings in Kidlington, Oxfordshire).

Cosmetically, I've added a tail tidy and for a short period I added a Renntec rear rack but have now taken that off, and I changed the screen to a Powerbronze double bubble but have gone back to the original Suzuki screen that suits me better.

The K5 engine is a peach of an engine. Loads of grunt everywhere and a blistering top end. I like it a lot :D .
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

had a go at making my own seat raising ,,,much trial and error garage looked like id plucked ten chickens by the time id got it right ..had to scrap my first go and start again ..to be fair i did better than i thought in the end .. much taller and wider where needed and moved the hump back ..err a lot ..you tube .. foam... evostick and a leccy carving knife big sanding disk ...a local firm did the cover for 70 quid
....foam and glue were about 50quid ... maby not the sleekest looking thing but being a bigger unit no aftermarket was ever going to work properly .... id be ina better position to do another now .. the good thing was i could test ride it and trim three or four times and really fine tune it ..and finish it with a gel pad when happy ..to be fair it really worked out ok as comfy as and more leg room ...
Last edited by minkyhead on Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

...^...^...nice job 8-) . Doing something like that would be beyond my capabilities.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

minkyhead wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:02 pm had a go at making my own seat raising ,,,much trial and error garage looked like id plucked ten chickens by the time id got it right ..had to scrap my first go and start again ..to be fair i did better than i thought in the end .. much taller and wider where needed and moved the hump back ..err a lot ..you tube foam evostick and a leccy carving knife big sanding disk ...a local firm did the cover for 70 quid ....foam and glue were about 50quid ... maby not the sleekest looking thing but being a bigger unit no aftermarket was ever going to work properly .... id be ina better position to do another now .. the good thing was i could test ride it and trim three or four times and really fine tune it ..and finish it with a gel pad when happy ..to be fair it really worked out ok as comfy as and more leg room ...
This is really good, well done :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “BIKES”