picking up a heavy bike!

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
cozmo1589

Re: picking up a heavy bike!

Post by cozmo1589 »

Tramp wrote:Strange eh Tyrant how we always drop the bikes on the easy bits unlike the ruts which were we should fall over..

once had mine we over nearly upside down on a ice rut on the "plain" in january..never slipped so much in my life. Ended up dragging the beast round to get a better angle, before I learnt to ride in company :whistle: ..

And short legs do make a difference :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah riding in company means you can always get a mate to help then eh Russ ;)
MeRussSPApr2012.jpg
MeRussSPApr2012.jpg (99.52 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Yep gotta agree Cozmo...that picture sums it up in one ..

sure I found a "little fishy " the other day...and my boots still stink :whistle:
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Yep he likes a lay down!

Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
cozmo1589

picking up a heavy bike!

Post by cozmo1589 »

Tramp wrote:Yep gotta agree Cozmo...that picture sums it up in one ..

sure I found a "little fishy " the other day...and my boots still stink :whistle:
Oh you're boots have dried out already, mine are still dripping I had that much water in them LOL :-)
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Long story short whilst camping in Ireland last week my alarmed disc lock decided to malfunction at 1.30am so I took out the batteries and locked it again, of course the advantage with an alarm is you can`t forget to remove it before you ride off so you can guess what I did next day :laugh: :whistle: :silly: :S after looking at the three foot long furrow the front wheel had ploughed in the grass and my bike on it`s side decided to pick it up, with my back to the bike and holding the handlebar and grab rail, easy :P
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

wots his problem, if the bars are still in one piece, put the bike in gear and face the bike and with both hands on the bar lift through the legs, with a bit of practice you can lift any bike

Return to “HOW TO..........”