Bike specific technical section……

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
LargeWayRound

Re: Bike specific technical section……

Post by LargeWayRound »

Sorry I was editing my post ..

Instead of someone having to sit down and creating lots of models , brands on the forum .

Just use the *Bike Category* and if you are posting about your bike say a KTM 990 , first do a quick search and see if there already is a thread about the bike and just add your comments to that thread .

If making a new topic , make sure to make the subject line *Brand and Model* this way when people are searching they can find easy.

This way the bike section will fill up with threads for each bike someone has experience of !

I am not saying that this will not happen , I am only 1/3 of the mod team , and there's Alun to comment .. :) Just thought I would post my thoughts on the initial post . :)

Cheers LWR
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

gazxt1200z wrote:what more chances to talk more about bmw's-no thanks.
Have you been over to ukgser? You'd fit in just nice!!!
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

wish you lot would and stay there
GB

Post by GB »

gazxt1200z wrote:wish you lot would and stay there
That would be the ideal opportunity for a smiley.
Finally back on a GS :D
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

:woohoo: :) B) :woohoo: ;)

There , smiles and laughs all round .
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

The one time I turn to the karma button and it's now gone!
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Do we really need to have segregation of the forum? Surely we are all just Adventure Bikers: as has been said, this forum is more about the ride than what you ride. I personally do not want to see the forum go down the route where there are certain cliques based on what you ride or even where you ride or how often.

I have a Tiger and if I want specific information or advice, I will go on the Tiger 800 forum or the Triumph forum. Yes, there are reviews and advice regarding certain makes and models on this forum but they are there as informed information for the wider populous. The majority of technical information for specific models should be sought from either manufacturers' web sites or make/model specific forums.

I joined this site for information about travelling to far-flung corners of the Earth and the tools and techniques needed to do so, not necessarily for information on the bike.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

It's a good suggestion Ade, but I'm with the not needed crowd.

As others have said, this forum is more about the rider and trips rather than the oil change intervals on a bike.

Plus so many on here have had a varied range of bikes and are more likely to answer questions asked here rather than a specific thread.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I hate to agree with everyone..but I agree :silly: :silly:

most just post about a specific bike problem and those that have been on the "other forums" know were to find the answer to the specific problem..

like BMW- broken this and that :(

Honda - worn out this and that due to huge mileage :cheer:

Ktm- its not orange :ohmy:

Yamaha- good at all things :P

the above is a laugh..but a idea :dry:
SimplyExploring

Post by SimplyExploring »

The one thing I like and love about ABR is that you dont get that school yard crap, my bike is better than your bike. Its about everyone enjoying what we do. not what we ride.
Leave as is as a segregated sections just create clicks!

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”