Before receiving a lifetime ban from ABR....

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
moto al

Re: Before receiving a lifetime ban from ABR....

Post by moto al »

special one wrote:James, you hit the nail on the head there, it's a forum for ADULTS, I think some forget they are adults sometimes.

I hope things calm down and we can get back to being an informative friendly forum again.
yes its nice to see some sense i do hope things calm down,lifes to short,sit safe al
moto al
davsato

Post by davsato »

i dont know whats up lately
Dave
GB

Post by GB »

davsato wrote:i dont know whats up lately
Agreed
Finally back on a GS :D
OB1

Post by OB1 »

davsato wrote:i dont know whats up lately
Cabin fever: most people have been unable or unwilling to take their bikes out over the winter and their frustration is boiling over into the forum. It's a bit like a silly season with hardly any ride reports and the like, so people start posting their frustrations about other road users, the lack of "real bikers" and their frustration at the government/EU parliament rulings.

Give it a few weeks and things should get back to normal... whatever that is! :woohoo: :blink:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

i think, to a certain extent, the forum also becomes a victim of its own popularity... the more people, the more conflict and also more people who are perhaps more interested in conflict than real info and discussion...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
jaz1259

Post by jaz1259 »

What have I missed who has been banned I can't remember too much negativity
Alun

Post by Alun »

Thanks for your suggestion Smokey Dan. The timing of your post, I'd assume, is not purely co-incidental.

There are rules and guidelines on the ABR forum and they are there for all to see. The rules are clear, fair and above all are designed to make the forum a welcoming and safe place for all members based on mutual respect and common decency.

If those rules and guidelines are abused then I have to make a decision and handing out a ban is not something I take lightly nor is it something that occurs often on the ABR forum. I'd say a light touch would sum up the moderation of the ABR forum.

The amount of members that have been banned from ABR is probably still in single figures, which above all demonstrates the goodwill and respect that we've all shown to each other. It's my aim to maintain that state of play for all current and future members.

I'm not going to debate individual cases but any past member is free to email me at any time to discuss, in fact a few have, and are now regular contributors, valued forum members and have become friends.
James691

Post by James691 »

Going way off topic about who, where, why, what and when.

Locked until a reply is given to the suggestion by ABR.

James691
Dancing in the moonlight
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

OB1 the wise, hits it on the head..... :P
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
Smokey Dan

Post by Smokey Dan »

Thanks for the reply James,

My assumption that a ban is for life, came from the rules section, which states...

The moderators will, at their absolute discretion, delete the account of any member whom they feel is a disruptive influence. This decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Hence my original suggestion, I admit 'wind your neck in' is quite a blunt way of putting it, but maybe words to that effect.

I was unaware that there was a 'time out for reflection' ban, which in itself is a good idea and could help focus the mind of the poster who's deemed to be causing trouble.

Thanks for posting Alun,

You are correct about my post not being purely co-incidental, and I wouldn't ask for a debate about individual cases, your desision has been made. I was mearly putting a suggestion up for future consideration.

Dan

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”