Norfolk Lane Under Threat.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
2 Yams

Re: Norfolk Lane Under Threat.

Post by 2 Yams »

TRF members up there who know where this is should write to [email protected] asap and ask them what they are doing about it.
[/quote]

A TRF director has posted on the TRF website to say they have it all in hand and this is misinformed scaremongering [or words to that effect].
petecam

Post by petecam »

Pint Master wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:48 pm The lane is in 3 parts the first 2 just south of Cockley Cley where the Ist lane ends and you ride north for about quarter of a mile to 2nd section the 2nd section is separated from the 3rd section by the width of a road and the 3rd section ends on the Swaffham to Newmarket road 2 or 3 miles south of Swaffham , its mostly single track.Hope that helps.
Yep that’s the one I thought. I love that lane and it would be a great loss. I am surprised its on the radar as its hardly over used, the last time I rode it there was grass as good as your lawn* below you.

*To be fair not my lawn, its terrible but a lawn you might get at a someone else’s house ;-)
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

2 Yams wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 pm TRF members up there who know where this is should write to [email protected] asap and ask them what they are doing about it.
A TRF director has posted on the TRF website to say they have it all in hand and this is misinformed scaremongering [or words to that effect].
[/quote]

Hmmm. How can it be scaremongering unless it’s a fake notice?
I’m not allowed on the TRF faceache page so can’t be bothered to look at the website.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
2 Yams

Post by 2 Yams »

DavidS wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 pm
2 Yams wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 pm TRF members up there who know where this is should write to [email protected] asap and ask them what they are doing about it.
Hmmm. How can it be scaremongering unless it’s a fake notice?
I’m not allowed on the TRF faceache page so can’t be bothered to look at the website.
[/quote]

It's all explained on the web site for anyone who can be bothered........and believes it :roll:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Here's what was said...

"Norfolk TRF have had this matter in hand with the assistance of TRF’s legal team for a number of weeks.

We are aware of wildly exaggerated, ill-informed and inaccurate reports on social media re this road.

Far from being under significant threat, all that has happened is that an application has been made by a member of the public to record the established carriageway as a restricted byway. But this is not possible as the carriageway benefits from a NERC exemption – it is recorded on the list of streets.

Norfolk Council are going through the motions required by statute – they have to investigate the application even where they are aware that the road is an ordinary road.

In the unlikeley event that Norfolk CC make a decision to downgrade the road to BOAT or RB, the public can then object to the proposed downgrade. But we are a long way off that stage at present – if it ever happens."
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Here's what was said...

"Norfolk TRF have had this matter in hand with the assistance of TRF’s legal team for a number of weeks.

We are aware of wildly exaggerated, ill-informed and inaccurate reports on social media re this road.

Far from being under significant threat, all that has happened is that an application has been made by a member of the public to record the established carriageway as a restricted byway. But this is not possible as the carriageway benefits from a NERC exemption – it is recorded on the list of streets.

Norfolk Council are going through the motions required by statute – they have to investigate the application even where they are aware that the road is an ordinary road.

In the unlikeley event that Norfolk CC make a decision to downgrade the road to BOAT or RB, the public can then object to the proposed downgrade. But we are a long way off that stage at present – if it ever happens."
Seems a sensible response
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Why do all these statements have to resort to put downs or sarcasm?
A simple comfort comment that it is being dealt with would suffice.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Richard Simpson Mark II

Just the way some people are, David: passive-aggressive, sarcastic, patronising.

It must be very sad having to go through life like that. You can only feel sorry for them.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Im certainly not scaremongering I was and still am concerned about the loss of this lane , the NERC act came about because we were all lulled into a false sense of security and Wham suddenly all the RUPPs are stolen from us , the notice is not fake and I find it hard to believe that Norfolk County Council would just go through the motions , I hope they are but surely it doesn't hurt if they are made aware of our strength of feeling.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Far be it for me to criticise the TRF 'rights of roads' director, but my understanding of NERC was that where dual-status existed: ie a road was on the List of Streets AND on the Definitive Map, than its status on the DM (for example as a pre-NERC Road Used As Public Path, which became a Resticted Byway after NERC) trumped its status as being on the List of Streets.

I understood this was why the northern end of Sarn Helen was closed to vehicles, and many of the lanes in Gloucestershire were lost.

But, it could be that I am wrong and he is right, in which case there are a lot more lanes to ride than I thought. Which is a good thing, obviously!

I'll be a happy man if I am wrong. :D

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”