ABR MIDLANDS RALLY FEEDBACK REQUEST

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
susurro

Re: ABR MIDLANDS RALLY FEEDBACK REQUEST

Post by susurro »

Every rally has its own personality. This one's was warm & sunny an that's that. Thank you very much to everyone, specially Alun. All tips and tales appreciated - they'll sustain til we meet again :) Su
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

I think I would echo all of the above, but emphasis on the showers however they come. After riding around on the enduro sections I was sweating like hell! A shower would have been a god-send then!

Apart from that, awesome!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

A great weekend. Really enjoued it. Running water would have been a real bonus although lack of water provided a good excuse for lager and cider consumption on the first night. I liked the size of the field. I thought it helped with mixing people up. Having a central fire was really good as a social hub and a way of smoking yourself clean. A big thumbs up from me
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Field size, cosy :whistle: earplugs a must to drown out Lovells snoring.

Fresh water bowser, would be nice, but may prove costly.

Campfire....essential.

Beer and Junk food....a must.

Good company....in abundance.

All things considered, perfect.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Only thing missing for me was the lack of nearby drinking water, and as has been said cars on the camp site.

As someone who has been involved in running motorcycle rallies I can confirm that Shower units cost big bucks to hire and take up a lot of space AND water. For a longer summer rally possibly, but you can get yourself totally clean using a flannel and less than a pan of water, and don't forget woodsmoke is a natural deodorant :D

After all we are supposed to be roughty toughty "Gnarly Adventurers" :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Post by scouse »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Maybe some background music, as I find music provokes memory's. I know that every time I hear the tune from deliverance It takes me right back to the first boil rally "good times" ;)
Worrying thing is that you are the only one who heard it! :D :D :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

scouse wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:Maybe some background music, as I find music provokes memory's. I know that every time I hear the tune from deliverance It takes me right back to the first boil rally "good times" ;)
Worrying thing is that you are the only one who heard it! :D :D :D
:blush: :blush: :laugh:
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

A great rally. Not too planned, it just formed itself round what Alun & crew had put in place! THANKS

A shower would have been nice (even just for the ladies :whistle: ) but not essential as most people I spoke with dont mind not washing for a few days/weeks :sick:

The fire made it, but as with the Boil just keeping it simple made it! :)

cheers Marc & Soph :)
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Ditto much of this really. I go for the people - which have been perfect at both I've been to.
Morph

Post by Morph »

A water bowser for a week is £113.80, I am sure you could get it cheaper with a bit of haggling.
60110.jpg
60110.jpg (22.39 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
HSS Hire
The lightest piece of kit is the one you leave behind...

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”