gone soft in my old age

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
dusi

Re: gone soft in my old age

Post by dusi »

Where were you James?
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

It's not going soft,

I have two weeks up in the lake district, in a hoseasons caravan park at Grange-Over-Sands. Can't wait to get away from it all and explore the area!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

VersysRider wrote:It's not going soft,
Can't wait to get away from it all and explore the area!
and there is lots to explore - when you know who to ask......
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

In Bude, Dusi. Still there. I suppose it should be out enjoying it rather than messaging on abr but it gives me something to do while marie is looking at clothes. She has a whole wardrobe full of clothes but still has nothing to wear! Any one with a bit of local knowledge have any recommendations of must dos in the area?
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

ipswichbiker wrote:In Bude, Dusi. Still there. I suppose it should be out enjoying it rather than messaging on abr but it gives me something to do while marie is looking at clothes. She has a whole wardrobe full of clothes but still has nothing to wear! Any one with a bit of local knowledge have any recommendations of must dos in the area?
Yep go to the top of the high street, [up the hill] and on the left there is a surf shop called Lazy Lizard, nip in and buy me a table! :woohoo:

For me I can just chill by the sea and watch the surfers out doing their thing, if your interested ask in a shop for the times and places, not as obvious as you think as the half decent locals play after work for a few hours.
If you fancy a trek in the car the Seal Sanctuary at Gweek is great, Newquay for Mrs IB, plenty of shops, Port Issac isn't far away, a proper Cornish fishing village, and the location for Doc Martin, and don't forget the Pasties; what I'd give for a decent one right this moment.
You can always discover little inlets and coves, some have beaches that would rival the worlds best.
If you or Mrs IB hasn't done the Lands End thing, then incorporate it with Newquay; did I mention Pasties? :lol:
If your both feeling adventurous how about a surf lesson? and finally a romantic walk or two on the beach at sundown, followed by a pint of the local hooch and a Pasty!.
That should keep you occupied.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”