Airbeds

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
SteveR

Re: Airbeds

Post by SteveR »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
Gripper1974 wrote:I found when I was sleeping in a hammock I'd wake up with a cold back and in pain. I started using a windscreen sun deflector. You can get them at places like halfords or even the pound shop.
That's a good tip but for the pack size!

Regs

Simon
I used them for a while, they are good for warmth BUT, you get damp spots if the sleeping bag is directly on top of the foil mat, better to put it under the sleep mat, not as effective, but zero damp patches in the morning :whistle:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:
Gripper1974 wrote:I found when I was sleeping in a hammock I'd wake up with a cold back and in pain. I started using a windscreen sun deflector. You can get them at places like halfords or even the pound shop.

Regs

Simon
I used them for a while, they are good for warmth BUT, you get damp spots if the sleeping bag is directly on top of the foil mat, better to put it under the sleep mat, not as effective, but zero damp patches in the morning :whistle:
Good advice - and better still if you bolt from a leaky borrowed tent in a thunderstorm and take refuge in a BBQ ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I agree,i have a really good sleeping bag but in my hammock the sleeping bag compresses under me and it looses it,s effectiveness so i bought a cheap highlander foil backed foam pad. It only weighs 150 grams and stops the heat loss.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

Yes that is correct too so i also use the sheepskin pad off my bike seat to place between the sleeping bag and foil backed foam mat :)
SteveR wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:

Regs

Simon
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Exped Downmat the thick one (thumbs) (thumbs)

[center]Or you could snuggle up between these
things-that-bounce-thursday-15-gifs-2-1_2016-10-11.gif
things-that-bounce-thursday-15-gifs-2-1_2016-10-11.gif (2.69 MiB) Viewed 2433 times
[/center]
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Just bought a Thermarest neo air , very lightweight but feels comfy good reports on various forums , (thumbs)
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Rederic wrote:Exped Downmat the thick one (thumbs) (thumbs)

[center]Or you could snuggle up between these
things-that-bounce-thursday-15-gifs-2-1_2016-10-11.gif
[/center]
Oh dear that wasn't good for me blood pressure first thing in the morning :laugh:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Good for mine bob...steve :woohoo:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

chunky butt wrote:Good for mine bob...steve :woohoo:
Well it might stop you snoring that's for sure :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Comfort comes at a price but it need not be so expensive

I use a Thermarest Ultralite cot XL, you can get copies of these for a fraction of the price

Underneath I have the thermal insulator and on top I have a North Face self inflating roll mat

It's so comfortable it's like being in your bed at home

Sleeping bag depends on what time of year and what temperatures I will be sleeping in

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”