Deleting Topics

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
AndyB

Re: Deleting Topics

Post by AndyB »

Britmech wrote:Remember your XS650 ? swapped for a Triumph spitfire ?
Close but no cigar. I sold the 650 to my brother in 1978 (he then blew it up) and I swapped a MK3 2 litre Cortina for the Spitfire in 1983 :)

Don't leave me wondering who you are because if you got through the messy years between the mid '70s & mid '80s in Bedford you can probably survive anything. I think I probably owned about 6-7 bikes between getting rid of the 650 and ending up with that crap Spitfire which ended up being torched late at night by a loon who thought I'd been doing bad things with his girlfriend while his back was turned :pinch:
Britmech

Post by Britmech »

I was probably working at Geoff Prentice's at the time with John Impey.(did you or your brother work with John at LBC)
Bunyan Road was where the 650 went to . If I remember right it had a big bore conversion.
I have a picture somewhere.
So did I do the deal with your brother ,defo the bike was round the corner in a garage.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Britmech wrote:I was probably working at Geoff Prentice's at the time with John Impey.
Hmm, I had quite a few RD parts off John Impey and loads of random parts from Geoff when he had his place down Tavistock St and before that when he was selling stuff from a barn at his dad's farm in Stevington.

If you try to give me a clue by saying you drank in the Crown it won't help at all.
Britmech

Post by Britmech »

My name Is Tony (yes i did drink down the crown) worked at Geoff the same time as John
we probably only met each other in passing or when you came into Geoff's.
Britmech

Post by Britmech »

John's living up in Manchester now did you ever make to any of his rowing club venue meet up's ?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Britmech wrote:John's living up in Manchester now did you ever make to any of his rowing club venue meet up's ?
Unfortunately no because I'd moved to Northampton at the time. I know who you are now anyway (thumbs)

I moved back to Bedford about 12 years ago then moved to the other side of Kimbolton a month ago. It's great because we've got a byway open to all traffic about 50 yards from our front door and Kimbolton kart track a mile away so the nimby majority will be up in arms when they find out.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Britmech wrote:Hi
can you delete topics from your own topic list ? Getting rather long .
Britmech wrote:I think I missed the most important part out DOH!!!
Can you delete topics in "MY TOPICS" I have 91 currently not many compared with some I bet.

Go to your topic list,

Tick the boxes on the far right of each topic you want to remove,

Scroll to the bottom of the list.

Change the drop down tab in the middle from -choose action- to delete selected

Now press the go button on the right and you are done. (thumbs)

Although I would avoid deleting them myself as it is very handy to find old post that you found interesting enough to reply to. ;)
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

"My topics " only goes back 6 days and there's no tick boxes, just an X which immediately deletes something. Is this deleting the entry from the thread or just it's appearance in "My Topics"?

I'm subscribed to the Africa Twin thread and now i'm bored with it; how do I unsubscribe? I've stopped subscribing to threads, I just try to remember to look for the ones that interested me :S Otherwise my email in-box gets bunged up and my boss gets all frowny at me :angry:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Topic List? The only one I can find is the My Topics tab, next to Recent Topics, New Topics, No Replies, etc. In there I can see any tick boxes that allow me to delete stuff?

I think I do know which list you are talking about, but I've been all through the options under the Profile tab and I can't find it.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

If you're getting notifications for various topics it'll probably be because you've checked the box saying subscribe. Bottom left (thumbs)

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”