Moto GP SPOILERS

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
gazxt1200z

Re: Moto GP

Post by gazxt1200z »

Tink,I agree with you over pedrosa,never thought he was worthy of his ride but the last half of this season,if he rides like that he will deserve a title and it will make it EXCITING something it always lacked.
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

I live for Moto GP, but this thread has exactly the same news that tomorrows TVNews & papers will have ???

Nothing about Danny Kent.

Oh well, I'll have a little celebration on me jones ! :(
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

sohoeasy wrote:I live for Moto GP, but this thread has exactly the same news that tomorrows TVNews & papers will have ???

Here you go

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/motorsport/34358693

I need to get home and watch the tv coverage to see if I can spot the wife & I waving our Danny Kent 52 flags on the start finish straight just after the pit lane exit (thumbs)
puppycharmer

Re: Moto GP SPOILERS

Post by puppycharmer »

99; Worthy champ, won more races than his team mate and was faster for most of the season. Shame he tried to win championship by having Rossi disqualified.
46; Legend, undoubtedly tarnished by his recent outburst and behaviour. Probably would have struggled to finish higher than fourth today in a straight race, shame he didn't have the opportunity to prove otherwise.
93; Blimey, who knows what is going on in his mind. Always had a dark/ruthless side to his character, I think his recent actions will tarnish the rest of his career.

For me the shenanigans of the last three rounds spoiled an epic championship but I don't think they altered the final outcome.
Pass
catcitrus

Re: Moto GP SPOILERS

Post by catcitrus »

What a little shit Marquez is--totally stonewalled the whole race--if he had ridden in his usual style he would have been all over Lorenzo--he was close enough on numerous occasions. As soon as Dani caught up and virtually passed him he reverted to type and started shoving again. Basically Marquez just rode shotgun the whole race. Lorenzo was quick--but his championship is now hollow. Vale did all he could and did an amazing job of carving through the field--on skill, not power.

Marquez, through his recent actions, has spoilt the whole championship for all those at the top--and his antics started a long time ago in Moto 2. He behaved like a spoilt brat--and Honda's statement about "we must have a Honda 1,2" might have been understood by Dani, but not Marquez--he simply tried to make it look like he was trying--but I don't think fooled anyone. Jorge is world champion--but who really cares!!--as Colin Edwards has said--Vale is the people's champion.

I am a Rossi fan, but also like to see fair play---and it would have been great to see Jorge and Vale fight it out at the end. Unfortunately there seems to a "Spanish" connection. Please don't have a go at me for being a fan--lets see what the majority of the World's press, social media etc make of it--I've no doubt that there will be some serious fall out--and Vale's petition to the sports governing body is not over yet by any means.

Just found this quote--after I penned the above!

"JORGE Lorenzo claimed his third MotoGP world title at the Valencia Grand Prix on Sunday amid acrimony and accusations of collusion from his vanquished Yamaha teammate Valentino Rossi.

Rossi went into the season-closing race seven points clear of Lorenzo, but the Italian legend was left with a Herculean task starting from the back of the grid as punishment for pushing Marc Marquez off his bike in Malaysia.

Rossi surged dramatically through the pack to finish fourth but Lorenzo led from pole to flag, despite intense pressure from his Spanish compatriots, Honda duo Marquez and Dani Pedrosa.

All eyes were on Marquez to see if he could overtake Lorenzo after his spat with Rossi who accused the two-time world champion of conspiring to help Lorenzo win the title.

And after losing out on a 10th world title Rossi railed to Marca: “Incredible work by Honda eh?

“I knew it would be like that and so it was in the end.
He accused Marquez of turning into “Lorenzo’s bodyguard”.

“It has never happened in sport and it has been embarrassing for our sport,” he said.

“At least the fans have seen what was Marc’s plan and I don’t want to comment on his behaviour. I suppose in the coming months he will understand what he has done, it is an ugly end to the championship, a disappointment on the track.

“Lorenzo deserves the title, but he is not a real champion because something has happened in this sport that had never happened before and Lorenzo can’t be happy.”

In a bizarre twist, Lorenzo appeared to support Rossi’s claim in an interview with Movistar MotoGP channel Whilst denying that “any pact” existed between him and Marquez he intimated that his compatriots had helped him win the title by not passing him.

“They knew what I had in play,” Lorenzo said.

“The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me.
wayne roome

Post by wayne roome »

sohoeasy wrote:I live for Moto GP, but this thread has exactly the same news that tomorrows TVNews & papers will have ???

As per title, moto GP spoiler. Could always start your own thread. Moto 3 spoiler???????
cloud 9

Post by cloud 9 »

Nobody can deny that Lorenzo put together a perfect weekend to lift the title.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Spot on there I reckon Chris, I used to admire Marquez, he's an awesome rider but now I've got no time for him at all.

Lorenzo rode a superb race but what a shame that nobody challenged him.
one-legged adventurer
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

He doesn't ride Moto GP. ;) :whistle:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The fickle nature of MotoGP fans was summed up perfectly well by someone else like this:

Marquez interferes in Sepand and he's wrong.
Marquez doesn't interfere in Valencia and he's wrong.

He must sit there wondering what he's actually supposed to do to keep everyone happy :pinch:

Return to “THE PUB”