How do I store movie files from SD cards without a laptop whilst on the move?

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
steve172

Re: How do I store movie files from SD cards without a laptop whilst on the move?

Post by steve172 »

Thats funny, I just googled how to do this about 20 mins ago, and found this youtube video guide...
oilfieldtrash

Re: How do I store movie files from SD cards without a laptop whilst on the move?

Post by oilfieldtrash »

Pretty much what's been said already. I use a small netbook and hard drive. The net book isn't fast enough to play files but it's spot on for transferring them to the hard drive. Plus you can charge other gadgets on it as well. I've got a couple of spare Wasabi batteries for the GoPro and a USB charger for them. They all fit into a small bag in my top box no bother.
oilfieldtrash

Post by oilfieldtrash »

Ok, cancel that. The net books going in the bin. I'm buying a Kingston. Thanks Steve! Lol
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Lol no worries. My only concern with that is charging it on the road if you're camping. I usually manage a couple of days with 64GB card so maybe an additional card as well incase you cant get power.
Wapping

Post by Wapping »

steve172 wrote:Thats funny, I just googled how to do this about 20 mins ago, and found this youtube video guide...
I can vouch for this bit of kit (thumbs) a friend has one. I've seen it work well, several times.

Whilst the Kingston will charge a camera as well as storing films, if you are camping, it might be worthwhile looking at one of the now very popular battery packs / portable power units, like an EasyAcc. That being said, most cafes and restaurants are usually happy to let you charge items whilst you have a coffee / eat lunch. Many shops too, if you ask nicely.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

Okay thanks for all the replies guys. I really appreciate it. (thumbs) Weighing everything up I might be best just taking my Mac air or shelling out for extra cards but I'm still undecided.

I need to pack my bike next week and do a 'dummy run' to see how it rides loaded up etc,, and see how much space I have available. That will probably be the deciding factor.

Like most people, I want to travel as light as possible. But finding that balance is hard.
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
Grimetime

Post by Grimetime »

Milo Tighfield wrote:I use a Go Pro camera and IPad. You just connect the camera to the Ipad and download and it will ask if you want the card clearing once downloaded. You will need a little connection cable that can be purchased on fleabuy for few quid. (thumbs)
Be interested what cable you used could you post a link?
Doug Haywood
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I've used a Samsung NC10 Notebook in the past, 1GB of memory and nice and compact.

You can find them for about £50-£100 on eBay.

And as for charging cameras etc, my 990 has two 12v power sockets and I carry a couple of USB adaptors, the 450 has a USB power socket fitted (well it did until it shook it apart) :whistle:
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Grimetime wrote:
Milo Tighfield wrote:I use a Go Pro camera and IPad. You just connect the camera to the Ipad and download and it will ask if you want the card clearing once downloaded. You will need a little connection cable that can be purchased on fleabuy for few quid. (thumbs)
Be interested what cable you used could you post a link?
I have an adaptor like this that fits an Ipad and has USB & SD card connections in it, about £5 on Ebay.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith

Return to “HOW TO..........”