18th Sept - Stratford upon Avon to the Ace Cafe

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
strimstrum

Re:18th Sept - Stratford upon Avon to the Ace Cafe

Post by strimstrum »

As I live in Alcester near Stratford-upon-Avon this ride would have been ideal for me but on 18th September I'm on my way back from a trip to Eastern Turkey. Bugger:angry:
Alun

Post by Alun »

There's sure to be a next time strimstrum.

Is that a bike ride to eastern Turkey?
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Of course its a bike ride to Eastern turkey - right across to the Iranian Border.

Leave UK on August 17th and make my way down through France and then East coast of Italy. ferry from Brindisi to Greece. Across Greece into Turkey and then a circular tour - Black Sea over to the far East and then back along the Med coast. On the way back meeting up in Italy with a few friends that I met at the HU meeting in Italy a couple of weeks ago then back home to my lovely wife sometime around 20th September. Can't wait
Alun

Post by Alun »

Good man, and there was me thinking Alcester was a backwater for bikers - I lived in Great Alne for quite a few years.

If you've not been to Turkey before its a fantastic country. Whatever you do don't miss the central Cappadocia region, it's a visual treat. And if you get chance to stop off in Konia check out the original 'whirling dervishes' who put on a display at the tomb of Rumi.

This is Cappadochia
CAPPADOCIA_17__Medium_.JPG
CAPPADOCIA_17__Medium_.JPG (86.05 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
strimstrum

Post by strimstrum »

Central Cappodocia is on the list of things to do along with Lake Van and Mount Arrarat. Great Alne..... I was secretary of the Great Alne Social Club in the late 80's early 90's. Alcester is still a backwater but it has its little gems hidden away.
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Hi All,
Apologies for not jumping in with comment earlier but I've been a little distracted by an 'MOT';)
Brilliant that you guys are going to ride down for the book launch. It'll be great to see you there. Think we have got a fun afternoon lining up.
Alun hasn't mentioned this but drag some friends along as there are going to be ABR Subscriptions up for grabs. Alun has very kindly donated some for the raffle we are doing in aid of Motorcycle Outreach. The raffle draw is being done by Mike Carter who is the author of 'Uneasy Rider' and by Elspeth Beard who was the first Brit woman to ride solo around the world. Terrific characters both and I know that are up for a natter so do snag 'em for a chat.
Looking forward to seeing you on the 18th of Sept.
Cheers,
Sam
Tortillas_to_Totems_Launch_POSTER_20A3_2__Compressed_c.jpg
Tortillas_to_Totems_Launch_POSTER_20A3_2__Compressed_c.jpg (10.66 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Really looking forward to meeting you Sam...and of course both Mike and Elspeth (I'm in awe of women who do things I can only dream about at the moment!). Hope your MOT went well. :)

See you at the Ace Cafe...they do the best breakfasts ever!!! :laugh:
Travelling Sam

Post by Travelling Sam »

Hi,
Great to hear that you'll make it down. I know what you mean about Elspeth. She's an amazingly plucky lass. I always think that its amazing that she's not better known. She had an incredible trip with some of the things that happened to her being... Well, you'll have to ask her.:blink:
Looking forward to seeing you on the 18th.
All the best,
Sam
bookmark_SIDE_1_cc.jpg
bookmark_SIDE_1_cc.jpg (5.36 KiB) Viewed 2711 times

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”