Boil Rally ride outs

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
Bluepaul

Re: Boil Rally ride outs

Post by Bluepaul »

Tarmac ride out sounds good for me also. :) :) :)
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

I want to wonder lonely as a cloud..............
Is that because of the jocund companay???
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

ipswichbiker wrote:
I want to wonder lonely as a cloud..............
Is that because of the jocund companay???
Oi I heard that, :lol:
And the answer is a definite NOOOOOO, I want to dance amongst the daffodils. :blush:
Have a greenie for the reference though.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I want to ride both on and off road ride outs. But if going on the road ride means I miss the offroad ride, I will just go offroad. There is plenty of roads between here and there that I can ride on. :laugh:

I cant wait for the boil!!!!!!!!!
Willy_Eckerslike

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

Lancastermick wrote:
So fifty bikes is gonna mean some big ride outs. What does everyone think would be a suitable sized group that won't cause mothers to drag there children inside and shops to lock their doors? :ohmy:
For a road ride big numbers don't have to be a problem, big numbers together on trail rides usually end up with a fair bit of waiting for the back end to catch up to the front as any 'incidents' ripple back down the line. As long as everyone's got a 'leave no man behind' attitude bigger groups don't have to be a drag. Personally I couldn't give a stuff about walkers attitudes to big groups of bikes on legal lanes, if they don't want to see motor vehicles they shouldn't walk on what is legally a road that we've paid to ride on.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
James691

Post by James691 »

Cumbria has some fantastic passes to play on and amazing towns to visit for coffee and cream cakes :) Hawes has a good selection too and you can carry on a good old ride to Hadrian's wall. Hardknott, Wynose and Corney all off a good challenge and vista shots (as long as the cloud stays off). Watch for the Sellafield snake if you set off at the wrong time over Corney, you may meet some lune in a Golf GTI coming the other way at mach II.

I've done both parks in that area but seeing that Saturday I will (I hope) be doing my launch off to do the 10,000 miles around Europe in 10 days I will be saving my tread for the first leg to Lisbon. What better way to start an Iron Butt run than with 50 or so Adventure Riders :)

So Alun don't get too pissed the Friday night as I need you to sign my start paperwork! :laugh:

As I plan to head off Saturday after breakfast would Mark Young be able to take my spot come Saturday morning and join in the rides?

Mark 1150 - a Wordsworth fan :) would never have guessed! Go easy on the Daffs, as the Welsh national flower Alun may get protective! ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

James691 wrote:Cumbria has some fantastic passes to play on and amazing towns to visit for coffee and cream cakes :) Hawes has a good selection too and you can carry on a good old ride to Hadrian's wall. Hardknott, Wynose and Corney all off a good challenge and vista shots (as long as the cloud stays off). Watch for the Sellafield snake if you set off at the wrong time over Corney, you may meet some lune in a Golf GTI coming the other way at mach II.

I've done both parks in that area but seeing that Saturday I will (I hope) be doing my launch off to do the 10,000 miles around Europe in 10 days I will be saving my tread for the first leg to Lisbon. What better way to start an Iron Butt run than with 50 or so Adventure Riders :)

So Alun don't get too pissed the Friday night as I need you to sign my start paperwork! :laugh:

As I plan to head off Saturday after breakfast would Mark Young be able to take my spot come Saturday morning and join in the rides?

Mark 1150 - a Wordsworth fan :) would never have guessed! Go easy on the Daffs, as the Welsh national flower Alun may get protective! ;)
James, this will I hope, probably be repeated to you many times, and by the time you set off you'll be board of hearing it, but good luck for the 10K in 10 days.
And yes there's nothing wrong with a bit of poetry; :blush::laugh: If you get a chance or the inclination; Look up a poetry book called Splash, very little known and I never received a penny, but one of my proudest moments was getting a line or two published about my other mistress at the time, Surfing.

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
James691

Post by James691 »

Thanks Mark :) I will check it out. I love poetry - from classic masters to modern day :)

Part of my reason for doing the ride to the Ukraine Crimea is to check out Alfred Lord T's Charge of the Light Brigade - plus a hostel is like £3 a night :) There are a few other things over there that I want to see ;) but that's to read about later. I've not been to the Ukriane since 2008 and I want to check out some of the roads prior to the 10,000 attempt. NO harm in having a little adventure or two while I check it out ;)

It's going to be a glorious year :lol:
Dancing in the moonlight
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

James691 wrote:Thanks Mark :) I will check it out. I love poetry - from classic masters to modern day :)

Part of my reason for doing the ride to the Ukraine Crimea is to check out Alfred Lord T's Charge of the Light Brigade - plus a hostel is like £3 a night :) There are a few other things over there that I want to see ;) but that's to read about later. I've not been to the Ukriane since 2008 and I want to check out some of the roads prior to the 10,000 attempt. NO harm in having a little adventure or two while I check it out ;)

It's going to be a glorious year :lol:
You lucky man, living the life.
Very much looking forward to your stories (with lots of pic's) when you get back.

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

Some light tracks and trails would be good for interest if anyone has the knowledge ?
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”