Kriega packs and luggage systems…

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
herman

Re: Kriega packs and luggage systems…

Post by herman »

http://www.adventure-spec.com/ Always good to deal with these guys. I use some of Krieger's smaller stuff on the enduro and so far has been top notch and it gets a really hard life. The tail pack is bolted on so has been kicked,pressurewashed and totally abused.It carrries my tools so is always bulging.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Louisdut

Post by Louisdut »

Hi

I have used US20's for panniers fixed onto existing pannier rails for a few years now
Works great for Nicky & me you can see lots of pictures of the setup Here (our latest trip using this setup) and I use the R20 backpack all the time

Like I say it works for me :) Hope that helps

Louis
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

I use a US10 as a tail pack for oversuit and tools, and they also fit ontop of GSA Alu panniers for extra waterproof storage. Cheaper and better than the touratech bags.

(ps have a Kriega 10 litre waterproof sports bike tail pack surplus to requirements. Fits on the rear seat squab. If any one is interested £20. Pm me)
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
laz

Post by laz »

Kriega tailpacks are brilliant once you get used to the straps.Sometimes just bungee em on to rear seat or tank.Have used US20 and US10 for years and still waterproof.Ideal for weekend trips when not camping.Use R20 rucksack as well when mountain biking.Carries hydration bladder and miles more comfy on shoulders than a Camelback.Good kit for the price.

Post by Guest »

I first bought the R8 bum bag which comes with an excellent tool roll. I don't actually use the bum bag that much but it has excellent build quality and looks like it'll last a lifetime.
I then bought a US5 bag to carry the tool roll on my Triumph Scrambler and, unfortunately it leaked the first time I used it in anger. I've just sent the inner bag back to Kriega because I found a patch that the waterproof coating hadn't adhered to. Too early to tell if they honour their warranty.
The quality of these products is such that I've just bought the Hydro3 as well but I don't think I'd go for the bigger pannier bags because they're too fiddly to get into and hard panniers leave them standing for convenience.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

2 wheeled tourist wrote:…anyone use ’em? :blink:
http://www.kriega.com/pages/Home.html
I've got one US20 and two US10 bags and they're top pieces of kit. I've never had anything get damp in them and you can strap them together or use them separately depending on where you want to put them. Mine get most use strapped on top of my aluminium panniers because I can get a complete change of clothes, a pair of trainers and a phone charger in the US20 and that means I can just unclip it and walk into wherever I'm stopping without messing about getting kit out of panniers.

Don't bother with the harness that lets you use them as a tankbag because they don't have a clear panel for a map and which is an important part of any tankbag as far as I'm concerned.

Post by Guest »

blacktiger wrote:
I then bought a US5 bag to carry the tool roll on my Triumph Scrambler and, unfortunately it leaked the first time I used it in anger. I've just sent the inner bag back to Kriega because I found a patch that the waterproof coating hadn't adhered to. Too early to tell if they honour their warranty.

UPDATE :- I sent the leaky inner bag off Tuesday by recorded delivery and just received a new one today (Friday). Pretty good warranty work I'd say.

Something I forgot to mention before is the sizes. i.e. US5, 10, 20. With my US5 I would struggle to fit 5 litres of stuff into the bag. Certainly comparing it to my 5litre Jerry can, there's no way that would fit.
As an experiment, I filled my new inner bag with water and it just took 5 litres but there's no way I could roll the top over and keep all the water in.
So, are the 10s and 20s the same?
frey bentos

Post by frey bentos »

I am a self confessed kriega whore. An R35 rucksack. Love it. waterproof (with the liner inside it) all day comfy, if you think it feels strange the first time you put it on, give it 5 minutes and you will forget you are wearing it. No weight on your shoulders, no fatigue.
An R8 bum bag, don't wear it that much but I should cos it's so well made.
And 2 US 10's. tailpacks that clip together.
I would like a set of pannier bags but honestly can't justify buying more stuff. Pity really because I am sure they would be great on top of the pile in the spare room.
bunker

Post by bunker »

I know this is 2 wheeled tourists party, but having read through what folks are saying im off to look at a US20 this afternoon - and to think i was only going for a battery :whistle:
Triumph Tiger 885
iainnic

Post by iainnic »

I use this kit all of the time. I use a R30 for commutng every day with laptop etc and its excellent. I've various USxx sized bags and the fit togetherr in loads of combinatiosn to fit the task in hand. I use my top box and a 20+10 for touring up to a few days and there's pelty of room in that combo. Tent fits in one US10, oversuit in another, practically unbreakable. Lots of options for straps on their web site that don't appear in shops. Hanggle in HG and you should get at least 10% btw.

Iain
-------------------------------------------

"Anne" - GSA 1200 30 Year Colours

"Rosie" - F650GS .... in red !

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”