Eurohike Backpacker Tent

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
mark1150

Re: Eurohike Backpacker Tent

Post by mark1150 »

jkclive1971 wrote:Camping is great fun rain or shine if you have the right kit
+1 To that, also I sleep the best when camping, especially if it rains the sound is like an adult lullaby.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Great one-liner, and so true. :)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Summer wild camping on a beach has to be my fav.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Breva

Post by Breva »

Sorry have to disagree, pitching a tent on a wet muddy field while its peeing down and then packing it away in the same conditions is not fun in my book, give me a hotel or B&B anytime
:) I`m a fine weather camper only.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

That's the bit I hate, packing it all away drying it cleaning it ready to store for next time. I tend to skip the drying and cleaning and the tent ends up unfit for human use.:sick:
So cheaper the better for me.:whistle:
davsato

Post by davsato »

stormfield wrote:Festival tent, often gets left behind.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Y_ ... directlink
as a mate to someone who works for the isle of wight council and helps clean up after the bestival now and then, i can get you as many abandoned tents as you want.
the only trouble is, the fashion these days is to leave a little brown "present" in there for you.
dont know what thats about, but before the dirty skanky bastards started doing it they went to charity, i liked to think a mobile malaria nurse in tanzania or nigeria rode around on a bike i helped buy and kipped in a tent id packed up from the festival and sent to them, but now they just go in a skip.
Dave
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

davsato wrote:

as a mate to someone who works for the isle of wight council and helps clean up after the bestival now and then, i can get you as many abandoned tents as you want.
the only trouble is, the fashion these days is to leave a little brown "present" in there for you.
Yeah, the attitude at UK festivals tends toward treating camping gear as disposable, even more so at festies like Bestival which cater toward more well-to-do punters.
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

davsato wrote:

dont know what thats about, but before the dirty skanky bastards started doing it they went to charity, i liked to think a mobile malaria nurse in tanzania or nigeria rode around on a bike i helped buy and kipped in a tent id packed up from the festival and sent to them, but now they just go in a skip.
Just a thought.....
Could the organizers try to explain to the festival goers where their tent would end up if only they would leave them in a reasonable condition?, I don't know pass out information leaflets with the tickets, I'm sure that a lot more might be salvageable if the herberts knew that they might be doing some good.

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
davsato

Post by davsato »

weve tried.
the "herberts" dont give a toss, they are there to smoke dope and drink as much as their student loans allow. thats why the isle of wight is populated by old people who've never been off the island and a couple of new generations of 12 fingered morons left over from the festivals where stupid girls get hammered and pass out, waking up with a dozen different blokes spangle running out of every hole and their knickers nailed up a fishing rod 'trophy pole'. they dont all do it on purpose though, crapping yourself is a by-product of the lifestyle im afraid.
Dave
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

davsato wrote:weve tried.
the "herberts" dont give a toss, they are there to smoke dope and drink as much as their student loans allow. thats why the isle of wight is populated by old people who've never been off the island and a couple of new generations of 12 fingered morons left over from the festivals where stupid girls get hammered and pass out, waking up with a dozen different blokes spangle running out of every hole and their knickers nailed up a fishing rod 'trophy pole'. they dont all do it on purpose though, crapping yourself is a by-product of the lifestyle im afraid.
You have no idea how much that report has saddened me, I had a sort of rose coloured vision of festival goers** as hippy type people with love and kindness in their hearts, the sort of people that would help, especially if it didn't cost them anything.
An eye opener for sure.

** You've probably guessed that I've never been to one.

DRZ 400

XR 400 R

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”