Insurance / Legal advice wanted

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
mike55

Re: Insurance / Legal advice wanted

Post by mike55 »

MadRat wrote:Again: You don't have an agreement with the insurance company....

Strewth man you are after answers which are not there....

We could all say its a stitch up.... But you do have to be realistic...

You asked fer help... I give you exactly what the reality is...

Go to the Loan Company........
Whoa, Im really worried now. I am paying £1.47 a month for insuring my C90. Ive paid 10 months already but considering changing my bike. Will the insurnace company really want the additional £2.94 from me. Thats an expense I cannot afford. Thats a weeks food for Dolly, my favourite sheep.

Please help Madrat. You seem to be the man in the know.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Well Mike, I know what you're saying, and I would feel the exact same as you regarding being screwed over by an insurance company. (Which you are).

BUT,

I'm sure it'll all be in the small print of terms and conditions, which you are supposed to read and agree to before signing into the said agreement. Sorry mate, but the only way forward is to cancel the policy with the insurers, as you have said, it is illegal for the bike to be insured by yourself and the new owner.
In a proper world, the insurance company would refund the remainder of the policy (minus their £25) and you could pay the loan off early.

I'm with you Mike, I think it's a bloody rip off, even the £25, to print off an amendment and post it out? £25? Wish I got paid that amount for five mins work! It's absolute bollocks and makes me glad I use e-bike, no charge for amendments. Sorry mate. :(
Honda, the power of dreams.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

mike55 wrote:
MadRat wrote:Again: You don't have an agreement with the insurance company....

Strewth man you are after answers which are not there....

We could all say its a stitch up.... But you do have to be realistic...

You asked fer help... I give you exactly what the reality is...

Go to the Loan Company........
Whoa, Im really worried now. I am paying £1.47 a month for insuring my C90. Ive paid 10 months already but considering changing my bike. Will the insurnace company really want the additional £2.94 from me. Thats an expense I cannot afford. Thats a weeks food for Dolly, my favourite sheep.

Please help Madrat. You seem to be the man in the know.
:laugh:

Eat Dolly.... ;)
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

OK.

1. Did you insurance company tell you that you were taking out a loan for the insurance?

2. If yes then did you sign the agreement? Well you must have or you would not have been insured.

3. If no then 3A. What did you think you were getting?

3B. Do you honestly think you were mislead by the insurance company?

4. Really Do you honestly think you were mislead by the insurance company?

If So see Citizens advice or a Solicitor...

5. Are you sure that it is illegal to have two insurances on the same bike?

After all one insures you, and the other insures the new rider....

If there was a claim, then it would be down to the insurance company of the Keeper at the time a claim was made....

Be honest in all the above.... :)
James691

Post by James691 »

MadRat - You're being a Dick, knock it off.

Mike - Normally you would get a refund on partial cover when a vehicle is sold or destroyed.

Get your paperwork and find your local CAB (Citizen Advise Bureau) - always check the small print, I was snagged by a large cancellation fee with my last insurance, painful but taught me a thing about what questions to ask!

Citizen Advise Bureau
Dancing in the moonlight
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

James691 wrote:MadRat - You're being a Dick, knock it off.

Mike - Normally you would get a refund on partial cover when a vehicle is sold or destroyed.

Get your paperwork and find your local CAB (Citizen Advise Bureau) - always check the small print, I was snagged by a large cancellation fee with my last insurance, painful but taught me a thing about what questions to ask!

Citizen Advise Bureau
Strewth you really have a problem don't you....

I would stop the insults if I were you....

You haven't a clue have you.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I should report that last comment to a moderator.... Oh Abuse of power there....

This Forum seems to be full of complete morons some times.....

Come on James keep up at the back there........
James691

Post by James691 »

MadRat - Have a weeks timeout to reflect on who is being a Moron when all the complaints are about you.

Cheers.
Dancing in the moonlight
africajim

Post by africajim »

Ha ha! At least it'll save a slanging match to and fro as this post was getting really irritating.

Best of luck Mike, hopefully the insurance company may give some sort of refund. I suppose you could ask MAG for assistance???? LOL!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Brads

Post by Brads »

Insurance companies are scum
They use the loan company trick to maximise return incase the policy is cancelled, As per your own situation.

I had 2 weeks of a policy left and changed bike to the GSA, they refused to inure and wanted £55 to cancell. They also held my ncb back until the policy ran out after I told then to stick there fees up there arse.

Scum. Pure and simple
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Wilso122

Post by Wilso122 »

Just to understand, you had 7 months use of a 12 month policy so you are owed for 5 months un-used. If the insurance company has had the full payment from the loan company then they either owe YOU or the Loan company the balance. So if the loan is with you directly, personal loan, then I would insist you get the 5 months balance which will not be 5/12's of the policy as some of that will be broker fees etc but you should get something. No idea what the policy was but you say there is 130 quid left, so you should get 80 quid right? then you fund the gap between the two and pay it off.

Still daylight robbery, try contacting the insurance ombudsman for advise and also the financial ombudsman for miss-selling of finance! seems they did not give you the whole picture.

Just a thought....
950SuperEnduro.com the site for SuperEnduro owners.

Return to “THE PUB”