Do I need a bigger computer screen

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
appleby

Re: Do I need a bigger computer screen

Post by appleby »

zimtim wrote:Have just noticed that each time I press the forum button after finnishing reading a thread it increases in size, so back and forth, so back and forth,so back and forth,so back and forth and it gets bigger and bigger :unsure:
Exactly what I was getting . . but not tonight?

I think the boss is sat on the Sunseeker messing with the settings again? :whistle:

I don't see why you should have to use Firefox when the bloody thing comes with IE pre-installed?

But, like I said no worries with older IE versions. When I first upgraded to IE9 you couldn't even preview your post . . had to dash upstairs & fire the old Dell into life just to make sure that photo worked?

That's progress for ya! :pinch:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

No Dave its microsoft all they want is your money..

BRING back Mozzilla....

Zimtim - if you swap browswers use their uninstall prog to remove everything..but first copy the bookmark to your documents folder as Html then re-import into Firefox.
you get less pop ups too.

ps the guy at Rumsbridge street wanted £24 to do the link :evil: and £120 for a chain that I can get for £70..still he was nice to talk too.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Just Opened ABR in Google Chrome and not a problem so it seems that it is IE9. A right pain
Thanks guys problem not sorted but at least i now know a solution to the problem ABR will quite rightly have its own browser, on my computer at least and for now .:whistle:
ReaperX

Post by ReaperX »

Hi
There are a few browsers arround, one nearly every one has mentione it here, the other one witch I use that perhaps no many people has hear of it is Seamonkey, this is a browser design by the people of Mozilla but with les bugs, and therefore much faster, give it a go and you see I love it and I have the two browsers open at all time Seamonkey in one screen and Firefox in the other.
Cheers
Hope that helps
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Tramp wrote:No Dave its microsoft all they want is your money..

BRING back Mozzilla....

Zimtim - if you swap browswers use their uninstall prog to remove everything..but first copy the bookmark to your documents folder as Html then re-import into Firefox.
you get less pop ups too.

ps the guy at Rumsbridge street wanted £24 to do the link :evil: and £120 for a chain that I can get for £70..still he was nice to talk too.
Thats the trouble with the little guys cant compete really with the bigger boys and especially the on-line dealers, but your right both guys at the shop are decent and pretty knowledgeable Did you manage to get a soft link in the end ???
bluey

Post by bluey »

so none checked under tools there compatabilty view then to see if it worked
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

bluey wrote:so none checked under tools there compatabilty view then to see if it worked
Actually had this already checked and while it helped with some of the issues on the ABR it didnt help this time.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I've been having problems since Saturday when I bought a new Lap Top!

My old one uses XP and IE8 - no worries

The new one is on Windows 7 so has to run IE9 (I tried loading IE8 but it came up as not compatible with W7?), Curious because I'm now sitting at work using IE8 on Windows 7???

The forum seems alright on my new PC except I can't use the smilies! I'll check the compatibility view later to see if it helps.

The Lap Top came with Chrome as the default, I only downloaded IE as it's what i'm used so I might try it instead.
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Alun

Post by Alun »

I'm looking into these issues to see what we can do. What I can tell you is the settings on this site have not been altered and that it is an IE9 problem. IE has been a pain for web developers since it first came out and every new release adds to the arse factor.

What's interesting is that our server logs the browsers being used to view the sites and over the past 5 years I've seen IE useage go from being over 90% of visitors to now being 3rd after firefox and Chrome.

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”