No Clue 2: Salisbury Plain / October

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

Re: No Clue 2: Salisbury Plain / October

Post by Tramp »

Mike , they are in the GPS section under england and salisbury green lanes,

Herman and Orlando both know the plain well enough for you to get lost :whistle: only joking...

have a good one and try to "push the boundries" as playing safe you`ll learn nothing..just send herman through any water first as it`s probaly got 6" of mud/silt in the bottom..yes I know :unsure: .

make sure someone has a puncture kit along as with it being dry all the shrappnel is cominf to the surface..
herman

Post by herman »

I have total puncture protection thank you,unlike some........Image As to routes then the perimeter road is fine for loose surface practice,we can divert down the slightly harder stuff if people are feeling more adventurous on the day. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Oh gawd ... I've got a bad feeling about this already :S
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Thanks Herman... my bike has "magnetic rear tyre" seems to attract metal for some reason :whistle:

The lefthand side trail running north from the Ops bunker is the best and taken at 50mph is a real hoot, or for some real fun head south from the ops binker over to Tillshead and onto the south range roads...pure green lanes with FLINT/CHALK? Ruts and mud pools.

All easily tackeled on big bikes with knobblys and slow speeds great for training...

be easy on the "novices" Herman ;)
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

I always reckon that the track running from the Bombard OP to Redhorn Vedette is great as it has the the Puddle of Certain Doom...:laugh: However, IMHO the track that now runs from the golf course right the way round the the east side of Larkhill is even more fun ....

Roll on Saturday!
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

The redoubtable Mrs Free Market has just reminded me that on Saturday there is a one day (horse) event, on & around the race course at Larkhill. :pinch:

That will mean that the trail that runs round the north of the School of Artillery will at best be a mass of lorries but more likely be out of bounds. Hopefully, we can still get on to the range at the golf course & the track that runs from the Bustard Inn via the Bombard OP to Redhorn should still be open

Not to worry though, the rest of the Plain looks a though it is 'open'
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Mike,
you can get on the larkhill side by using the Parkway then turn right after brackenbury road up a gravel track [byeway] and leads to the plain [5mins] turn left after the trees and it links up with the Bustard track north.

just goggle earth it in satelite mode, the horses all use the first turning after stonhenge roundabout
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Right guys – the weekend will soon be upon us & that means its time to get out on to Plain

:woohoo:

In terms of admin, really simple:

Friday night: Domsday, Bumblebeemer & myself propose to be firmly ensconced in the pub – The Antelope, Upavon

Saturday morning: Depart Upavon at 9ish & meet up with Orlando Orange, Herman +1 at Countess Services at approx. 0930

Fuel up, quick coffee & a butty then off into the bundu

We can discuss routes etc when we are all together

Stuff to bring:

Satnav/maps
Water
Basic tools/puncture kit
Camera

Don’t worry about scoff, we will stop somewhere for lunch & I'll bring along a basic First Aid kit which we won't be needing !!

Any problems, speak now or PM me
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

unfortunately i'm going to have to pull out of this one - the timing for the other stuff i have to get done on saturday has just gotten a lot tighter so don't have the spare hours... :(

have fun guys
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hold the gate open guys.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I`ve had a real shit week at work so need some R+R.

Any room for one late arrival :whistle: I`ll promise to be a good boy and bring my gpx routes but not the maps.

I found some nice green lanes from upavon that Herman would love and should be real dry too which drop down onto the eastern plain.

what says you mike ..before you hit the pub :sick:

I`ve got my k60`s on so nothing daring.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”