Buying a new helmet

Bikers and riding
Alun

Buying a new helmet

Post by Alun »

My current lid is a 20 year old Shoei TF280 which is looking, how shall I say this, a little on the classic side. It's long since reached the 'comfy old jumper' status and has worn so much I now need to wear a beenie to get a reasonable fit. So, I've decided it's time for a change. My priorities (other than safety) are;
Fit
Comfort
Noise reduction
Price
If anyone passing through has any helmet recommendations, then please post them up. Or if you know of a link to a site where they've carried out a noise test on lids, I'd like to know.

Also, if you've experience using a bluetooth lid please let me know how you're getting on as right now I'm not convinced though on saying that I was a late converter to things like the mobile phone, color TV and the wheel. Is it one of those products which having bought you can't figure out how you survived without or a waste of time?
Wee Jack

Re:Buying a new helmet

Post by Wee Jack »

Forget quiet !! I don't think there is such a thing as a quiet helmet ??

I would seriously think about a flip front lid, they really are good. You can have a converstion with someone without getting your hair (or in my case, baldie heed) wet !!. No more hassles at filling stations. Flip it up at traffic lights and cool off .I've owned 3 over the years and would not really consider anything else for road use.
It matters not what you have or where you take it ........... Every ride is an adventure and every motorbike was built for adventure.
Alun

Re:Buying a new helmet

Post by Alun »

Thanks for that Jack. I like the idea of a flip lid.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”