Justice my arse!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: Justice my arse!!

Post by garyboy »

Continuing the jolly mood ..
Have no fear, the solutions are at hand (by the business globalists .. (I can't even think about it ....

here is a pic of my new road boots .. instead lol

Image1boo by gary boy, on Flickr
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

garyboy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:30 am I'm noticing, especially lately, the week insipid performances of artists, who are considered 'icons'.
I don't think it's just me being an old grouch. I remember the fantastic songs of the sixties and around that time, when thete were several classics, and I mean Classic songs, put out every Week.

Then think back to the 40s and 50s .. Ella Fitzgerald , Bing, Sinatra .... etc.. these were true icons.

As time has gone on and population and pollution etc increased .. dramatically .. so our talents seem to be diminishing. ??
That is mostly because standout artists tend to be more memorable. In other words selective memory. The biggest hits tend to stand out. There were plenty of one-hit-wonders back then. You can count Ella, Bing, Frank as successes, but not that many more. Last decade, which started with the death of Amy Winehouse, had solid artists like Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Rihanna, Katy Perry, even Bowie and Metallica had successful albums.
Of course classics take time to become classics.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

garyboy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 am Polution?? .. but the air is cleaner. The food is better. We are all well fed. Comfort has improved. The water cleaner etc etc. Even the women (sexist?) are better stacked and look incredible. ????

Yes .. but the air is full of stuff you can't see... particulates, pcb's, exhaust fumes, radiation from lessening air cover and that hole in the sky thing?. Ozone .
Water is full of chlorine and fluoride etc. Rivers ... yuckks, shit.
Food full of pesticides nerv agents, hormones ..
There is plenty of food for the richest nations but is it better food? When was the last time you ate meat that was not chicken, beef or pork (or maybe lamb)? Fruit from nearby garden? In poorer nations there are still children dying from hunger every day, on this earth we share.
The air is getting cleaner in the cities, but unspoiled wilderness areas are shrinking. Plastic pollution is found in every area of the globe.
Champagne taste on beer budget.
dave h

Post by dave h »

FB_IMG_1711321953175.jpg
FB_IMG_1711321953175.jpg (149.24 KiB) Viewed 466 times
We ate the bottom bit of this, over the weekend ,had to do an 800 mile round trip for the rally but worth it,

Dave.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Magnusson wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:06 pm
garyboy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:08 am Polution?? .. but the air is cleaner. The food is better. We are all well fed. Comfort has improved. The water cleaner etc etc. Even the women (sexist?) are better stacked and look incredible. ????

Yes .. but the air is full of stuff you can't see... particulates, pcb's, exhaust fumes, radiation from lessening air cover and that hole in the sky thing?. Ozone .
Water is full of chlorine and fluoride etc. Rivers ... yuckks, shit.
Food full of pesticides nerv agents, hormones ..
There is plenty of food for the richest nations but is it better food? When was the last time you ate meat that was not chicken, beef or pork (or maybe lamb)? Fruit from nearby garden? In poorer nations there are still children dying from hunger every day, on this earth we share.
The air is getting cleaner in the cities, but unspoiled wilderness areas are shrinking. Plastic pollution is found in every area of the globe.

Quite simply, we humans are devastating the planet. And the profits go to a tiny, undeserving minority.

Sometimes I think the planet and all its other life forms would be better off without humans.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Sometimes I think the planet and all its other life forms would be better off without humans.
I think that's a given
Its a trick............get an Axe
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Mind, for hundreds of millions of years, they thought that about T. Rex :D
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

garyboy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:32 pm Mind, for hundreds of millions of years, they thought that about T. Rex :D
An overrated band IMO...
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Yea for that era and genre Id take Cockney Rebel any day :mrgreen:

(Awesome thread drift in here lately) :lol:
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”