Wales roads

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Crossrutted

Re: Wales roads

Post by Crossrutted »

garyboy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 pm He is certainly an extremist, but fortunately or unfortunately, we are told the 20mph speed limit is basically, to stay, though thete is a 'review ' promised
20 is good for pedestrians and the elderly and children, but not for motorists. It's a nightmare on the bike, tbh, and a lot of it is unnecessary.

Myself and all welshies are not happy about England's potholes, as, I love riding the beautiful rolling English countryside.

Many want to keep the Union.
. Its a shame that sometimes we cannot seem to get along.
I think the majority of the UK's citizens get along very well (of course there is always banter).

I've only encountered warm welcomes in Wales, NI and Scotland.

Unfortunately there are a few extremists in all camps with loud voices who get the all publicity.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

garyboy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:32 am .. and for those who have already moved out, the opportunity is there to stop belittling the hard working oppressed people of Wales.
Jesus Gary - "oppressed" wtf?

These Islands have had multiple influxes of different people over thousands of years; and its still happening, probably always will.

Picking one period of history to justify calling yourself 'oppressed by the English' is illogical.

You may as well blame the Italians, Danes, Saxons, Angles, Norwegians & Swedes, etc!

(I still think we're all better off together.)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Asgard wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:02 am
garyboy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:33 am Ride it .. don't rubbish it.
...but only on the roads remember as we aren't allowed trails as all the land in Wales is privately owned even most of the national parks which are largely in the hands of rich old family's and Farmers
Much of the oppression in Wales is home grown, not really any need to blame other nations

Actually managed a ride yesterday with only a brief shower whilst out but I probably need a few more days like that to stop me coming here to whinge and write crap :lol:

Today of course it's back to pissing down
I wasn't blaming other nations, I was referring to my own nation .. the British nation.
anyway.
.Yeah ... I managed a late ride. I did an few hours maintenance in the road bike.. NC750 .. DCT reset (stops the rumble which seems to build up from the gears/engine), adjusted and oiled chain(took ages as i only needed to turn one flat of the adjuster bolt, but over tightened it), inflated both tyres to correct pressure (they were 22 psi lol.. I'm not using the guy in Treorchy anymore as this has happened with his work before) took ages with a tiny hand pump. slightly freed the brake calipers .. but they need a thorough re,assembly. , sorted out the frunk (false tank) tools spares excess tools removed etc.

Keeriyst .. my legs were killing, this morning, just from squatting.

.. but a nice rideout .. the engine was smooth again, brakes slightly better, road holding massively improved, less wobble at stops as tyres ok.
Felt a lot better when I got back.
Bike put away ready for a TRF ride soon to North wales via small B roads, o dear.. hard work, as will be muddy backroads and flooded small roads, again. ...... but will test my Forma boots out.
Join the TRF ... no trails?? .. they have a Green Road Map that shows you all the legal and verified green lanes, UK.
Lanes you would never know were legal.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Crossrutted wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:18 am
garyboy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:32 am .. and for those who have already moved out, the opportunity is there to stop belittling the hard working oppressed people of Wales.
Jesus Gary - "oppressed" wtf?

These Islands have had multiple influxes of different people over thousands of years; and its still happening, probably always will.

Picking one period of history to justify calling yourself 'oppressed by the English' is illogical.

You may as well blame the Italians, Danes, Saxons, Angles, Norwegians & Swedes, etc!

(I still think we're all better off together.)
I keep telling you .. not oppressed by the English, but by the UK government.
Wales is oppressed by them, as is the SW peninsular, North (red wall) and even central london. I'm guessing they are all Labour strongholds.
Look up what happened, in Wales, to the steel industry, the coal industry, the fishing industry- .. a general thing, to the building of dams for Egland,where the welsh people were literally turffed out on their asrs with no compensation or homes to go to.... and now its below par funding.

look I can't even remember what I was talking about .. ive gotton that way anyway ,,, but i didnt come on here to spout uninteresting dribble with the purpose of causing arguments.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Crossrutted wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:12 am
garyboy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 pm He is certainly an extremist, but fortunately or unfortunately, we are told the 20mph speed limit is basically, to stay, though thete is a 'review ' promised
20 is good for pedestrians and the elderly and children, but not for motorists. It's a nightmare on the bike, tbh, and a lot of it is unnecessary.

Myself and all welshies are not happy about England's potholes, as, I love riding the beautiful rolling English countryside.

Many want to keep the Union.
. Its a shame that sometimes we cannot seem to get along.
I think the majority of the UK's citizens get along very well (of course there is always banter).

I've only encountered warm welcomes in Wales, NI and Scotland.

Unfortunately there are a few extremists in all camps with loud voices who get the all publicity.
You know what ... I've never received a warm welcome anywhere in Wales. You must have a rich-looking face or something.

It almost feels like everyone is an extremist of some sort these days. Isn't the government going to crack down on all extremists? The imprisonment of these people with an opinion, will allow the silenced majority to thrive within the glow of compliance. ?
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Last post... "Thrive within the glow of compliance."
Love it.
Also like "worshiping at the temple of mediocrity."
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

garyboy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 pm
You must have a rich-looking face or something.
I wish :lol:

Return to “THE PUB”