Wet weather trousers

Does my ass look big in these?
Paul_C

Re: Wet weather trousers

Post by Paul_C »

Sitting in water in breathable waterproofs is always going to be an issue. It's a lot of pressure pushing the water through. In my experience a sideways solution is to use a Coolcovers seat cover. The water drains through so you're not sitting in a small puddle. It can be cooler around the man parts in the winter though.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I've just fitted a cool cover for that reason. Always get wet crotch with whatever I use. Currently using alpinestars. I was very surprised yesterday by the cooling effects when riding to work. Its shows that it must work though.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I've had good success with Oxford stuff--not even their laminate version. However, for trail riding , and heavy rain on the road, its German army goretex salopettes in XXL, and also a long jacket with a two way zip so it spreads out like an old dispatch riders coat. Being XXL and flappy lots of the rain gets shaken off as has been said. If you can find it the RN blue goretex jackets are really Heavy Duty and good with a high neck fastening. When the weather is wet I'm not bothered about what I look like, and when the rain stops its easy enough to strip it off and pack it away. The plus side is that they cost about 5% of a Klim product or similar and you can run a comfortable, non waterproof jacket and trousers underneath.
MR X

Post by MR X »

Now in 2011/20012 i got fed up of the wet patches .
so thought i would invest , i dually handed over a LARGE sum of cash
and got me an all singing dancing Klim Badlands suit . first time out it leaked
like all the ones before :evil:
But true to there word They sent it of and tested it .
Came back to me within two weeks and sent me a complete new suit.
to this day its still waterproof I have dragged it all over the EU on road and so much off road
Money well spent

Return to “CLOTHING”