Lands End/Cornwall Trial 100th edition

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Lands End/Cornwall Trial 100th edition

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Anyone doing this this year?

The three Simpson brothers (me, Mike and Ben) have entered the Cornwall (daytime) trial.

A bit disappointed that about six sections have been cut from the daytime route...about halving the number of sections from when I rode it last year.

I hope this is just down to weather/ground conditions, and the event will be back to normal next year or when conditions allow, but the total outlay for club membership, event entry and ACU licence is north of £100. For that we get one tarmac special test, one tarmac section (both on public roads), and five off-tarmac sections, two of which are on green lanes which anyone can ride at any time anyway. TBH I feel bad having encouraged my brothers to join and enter on the strength of last year's superb event.

Anyway, whether you are competing or spectating, give us a wave (numbers 175-177) if you see us.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”