"Excelsior", between Eyam B6521 & Grindleford B6001, Derbyshire.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Re: "Excelsior", between Eyam B6521 & Grindleford B6001, Derbyshire.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

The Public Inquiry brought about by some selfish people registering a challenge to the DCC recording of BOAT status goes ahead next Tuesday 15th August, possibly onto the Wednesday too.

The inquiry will be held at the Memorial Hall, Oddfellows Road, Hathersage, S32 1DU, commencing at 10:00. There are public car park facilities opposite the hall.

You are most welcome to come along and show support, representatives of GLASS, PDVUG and APTR will present.

TTFN

Hugh.
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

Is it really the case that a single objector can force a public enquiry? If so, what an utter waste of public money i.e. yours and my tax bill .
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Basic answer is that yes it is possible for a single objector with suitable 'evidence' to cause a PI.

You should see the amount of paper that gets used. Each interested party has to supply a printed copy of their paperwork for the other interested major parties present at the meeting, in this case I reckon that will be at least five bundles, the Inspector; DCC; GLASS; PDVUG and the principle protagonist in this case Peak Horse Power. I understand that the TRF are not sending a representative although they have sent a Statement of Case presenting their reasoning plus supporting evidence.

A lot of time and effort by all parties goes in to researching the historical facts. The anti motorist groups are very well funded with collective higher membership numbers, which is why I keep banging on about our joining GLASS.

The Green Lane Association (GLASS) is a national not-for-profit organisation founded in 1995. Since its inception it has been dedicated to promoting inclusive countryside access for all users through education, physical works, and legal action. It's core belief is that everyone has a right to access the countryside and share multi-user public rights of way without prejudice to ability or method of travel.

So far GLASS and PDVUG have had representatives at every lane closure PI in the Peak District. Notably, GLASS & PDVUG have most recently helped to win BOAT status for Pindale and to keep Washgate open for motorcycle trials use.

It would be good for motorcyclists and 4X4 to be at the meeting to support us.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Excelsior PI feedback.

Greetings folks,

We attended the meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday last to listen to the various points and look at the variety of evidence provided by both sides of the claim. Unfortunately one person was unable to present their evidence, simply due to lack of time, and so a video meeting has been scheduled to take place at on 31st of this month.

On the Wednesday afternoon we conducted a site visit.

The Inspector will therefore be unable to complete their decision and report, which is expected to be released nearer October.

It is fine to respectfully use the route at present and I will update you as soon as I know more.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I thought that you might like to read the Planning Inspectorate's Order Decision regarding the route between New Road and Main Road, Parish of Grindleford

GLASS employed a professional researcher to help develop the case for BOAT and members of PDVUG also assisted by submitting evidence, filling in user evidence forms, and by visiting the record office to fill in gaps in our historical evidence. Thanks are due to GLASS ROW Officer Phil Hobson and all those who contributed before and during the inquiry, and enabled the GLASS team to oppose the attempts by the usual suspects to downgrade it to bridleway. The 3-day public inquiry was hard fought by both sides and the government inspector decided that the route was a public carriageway. It will be added to the definitive map as a BOAT.

Great work by the Team

TTFN

Hugh.
ROW-3291358 DMMO BOAT Grindleford OD.pdf
(351.58 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

It was a regular haunt for me when I lived in Sheffield - well done to everyone involved
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Interesting the evidential weight accorded to its use in 'national motor trials' (presumably the MCC Edinburgh Trial) with the knowledge, but not permission, of the Parish and County Councils, police etc.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”