Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Elmer J Fudd

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

dave h wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:19 pm
great night that elmer,
guess you had you had your skirt on
Bit of a Max Headroom moment there?

Sorry to disappoint, but I've ever worn a kilt, none of my ancestors did (on either side), so I never saw the point.

I was forced as a child to go to highland dancing lessons though. Didn't really enjoy that until It came to cèilidh's in later years, where being adept at swinging the girls around paid dividends.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

The Westminster post EU power grab continues https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-55687977

If you live in Scotland, NI or Wales, your democracy just took another hit. Anyone still think Brexit was a good idea?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the incomprehensible idea of `freedom` (to remoaners) ..

i was speaking to xi ping pong, down the table tennis club the other evening ... he said that china gave the weegas (sick) muslim minority the greatest chance of inclusivity and opportunity possible .. they all got work, accommodation, regular food, free education and free state sponsored birth control .... so with the EU ... we got all that stuff from them, sort of, so why would the UK want to be independent .. this freedom lark is well overrated he said.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

garyboy wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:14 pm the incomprehensible idea...
Describes you post perfectly :lol:
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Well in many ways I had more freedom last month than I do now. I and my children could travel to, live in and work in all the other EU countries. Why would anyway choose to give that up, in order to embrace the freedom to be poorer than they were before? Still at least the fish are happy.
dave h

Post by dave h »

dave h wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:19 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:21 pm
simonw wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm
Elmer J Fudd wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:52 pm Dave, any Guilt should have been felt at the ballot box.....just sayin' like. <snip>
I disagree. The guilt lies solely in the hands of those who effected a referendum, those who failed to provide proper facts of the matter to enable people to evaluate them and vote accordingly, and those who initiated and propogated lies and untruths. People voted based on the information provided to them. It is entirely a reprehensible failure of leadership.
Have you seen his posts on the subject, that must have been some brainwashing campaign?

I have visions of Dave standing at the ballot box back in 2016 wearing a union jack clown suit, a red nose and blue and white hair. I suspect he kept it on all night then danced a Morris Jig with his fellow Bojorians in the morning.

Yes, lots of lies and lots of untruths, but lots of died in the wool English nationalists too.
great night that elmer,
guess you had you had your skirt on
regarding my posts i thought i was offering a counter argument againts points raised,

after all when this thread went quiet we were actively encouraged to offer oposition,

although my final comment was ment in jest against elmers
interpretation of myself (even if elmer himelf took it in good stead) was too far sorry,

and for this reason im oot,

(im sure ill drop by and seeth at the screen from time to time but time for other bike stuff)
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

dave h wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:26 pm
regarding my posts i thought i was offering a counter argument againts points raised,

after all when this thread went quiet we were actively encouraged to offer oposition,

although my final comment was ment in jest against elmers
interpretation of myself (even if elmer himelf took it in good stead) was too far sorry,

and for this reason im oot,

(im sure ill drop by and seeth at the screen from time to time but time for other bike stuff)
Dave, if you think a Scotsman has never heard that joke before, you must have had led a very sheltered life. When meant in good humour it is acceptable.

I am happy to poke a bit of fun at others, along with a more serious message at times, and absolutely expect the same in return. This is the pub after all.

It may be time to call this one quits, but I suspect once we have a few more Brexit bad news stories posted, you will be back.

Au revoir!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

change the title?

"EU thread . In or Out?"

seems to be a lot voting `out` ........ Threxit? .... :lol:
probably best to just visit the thread occasionally, and don't read the very negative persons' posts ..... it can get you very upset .... which is what they are intended to do ... venting their frustrations on innocent Brits :roll: :D

ps .. this thread can run for at least another decade .. judging by the excruciating EU negotiating `timescale`
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I hear there's a convoy of Scottish refrigerated lorries heading for London with their fridges switched off...I wonder what happens next?

:D
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 am I hear there's a convoy of Scottish refrigerated lorries heading for London with their fridges switched off...I wonder what happens next?
Hopefully they're given to Jacob Rees-Mogg so he can make sure they're "happy" fish :lol:

Return to “THE PUB”