ABR festival - Novice wants some company!

Bikers and riding
AndyT

ABR festival - Novice wants some company!

Post by AndyT »

Hi all,

I fancy attending the festival but don't want to turn up as 'Billy no mates'! - Partly because I might need some guidance when it comes to riding off road and also because I might need help picking my bike up!! In exchange I'm decent company and happy to drink beer when the riding is over.

If you are travelling to the festival and would like to meet up en route please get in touch. Also happy to consider a few pre-match training rides - Covid allowing!

Thanks all.

Andy.
(Worcester - Riding a Triumph Tiger)
bikenav

Re: ABR festival - Novice wants some company!

Post by bikenav »

way too far to make any plan, but I got a ticket hope to go, dont know on what bike, what surface, what time or day, with whom. there appears to be some interest this year from my patch, Worcester likely be en route thereabouts, you may want to look at the antics I get up to before tagging on . But if I get there your welcome to camp with us/me and have a lap or 2 together, no worries. it was great weather last time, wonder if people have considered the shitfest it would become in average summer weekend, conditions. Roll on.
AdventureDisco

Post by AdventureDisco »

Hi, don't worry about not knowing anyone, within minutes of turning up you'll be talking to someone about all things bike related. You can do as much or as little as you want, by the end of the weekend you'll be needing some time alone to plan for the next trip, if you haven't already done so.
Enjoy
Dave 😎
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

bikenav wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:43 pm way too far to make any plan, but I got a ticket hope to go, dont know on what bike, what surface, what time or day, with whom. there appears to be some interest this year from my patch, Worcester likely be en route thereabouts, you may want to look at the antics I get up to before tagging on . But if I get there your welcome to camp with us/me and have a lap or 2 together, no worries. it was great weather last time, wonder if people have considered the shitfest it would become in average summer weekend, conditions. Roll on.
Where can we see what antics you get up to nav?
lmg

Post by lmg »

AndyT wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:03 pm Hi all,

I fancy attending the festival but don't want to turn up as 'Billy no mates'! - Partly because I might need some guidance when it comes to riding off road and also because I might need help picking my bike up!! In exchange I'm decent company and happy to drink beer when the riding is over.

If you are travelling to the festival and would like to meet up en route please get in touch. Also happy to consider a few pre-match training rides - Covid allowing!

Thanks all.

Andy.
(Worcester - Riding a Triumph Tiger)
As others have mentioned, it is a bit far to make firm plans, but currently, I am going on my own and would happily join up with you for the ride down, have a few brews and a chat. I will be coming down from Yorkshire.
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

AndyT

Post by AndyT »

Gents,

Thanks for the positive replies.

Leigh, that sounds like the start of a plan. I'll keep in touch.

Cheers. Andy.
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

I turned up as a "Billy No Mates" to a BMW meet a couple of years ago.

Got talking to my neighbours as I put the tent up, other people around the bar on the first evening and then, after the next day's rideout, to lots more at the bar!

I'd planned to do the same at the 2020 ABR Festival, I may actually know some people by June this year! :shock:

We're all united by a common interest - sometimes it's harder to get away from people than it is to start talking in the first place!! ;)

D
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Your never alone for long as a biker.

I was even chopping wood on the drive yesterday as an older gentleman walked past and said Hello. He then noticed my bike wheels under the ajar garage door and asked what I rode.

We then spent a present half hour chatting about our respective machines and travels.

I’ll also be at the festival so our paths might cross. The on site off road sections aren’t particularly challenging and there’s usually an easy route to bypass the more technical bits.
If you drop the bike there’s always someone around to help if your struggling to pick it up
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

For Dibbs there are few on this forum I would have thought but heres 2 recentish ones, some more polished riders may not approve of
IMG_20200921_135608.jpg
IMG_20200921_135608.jpg (151.52 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
A Solo GS U Turn. Stuck in the far right rut I was up to the belly push it over and screw it round was the only answer, I think you could call it a Pivot Turn.
IMG_20210101_155517.jpg
IMG_20210101_155517.jpg (145.79 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
A bit of a climb not done for many years and never on a big bike, forgot about the big rock not the best angle to show but I could not stand on the cold damp rock in MX boots, had to drag the bike down, glad of the incline then, too much looking and thinking and lost momentum I will try again but in the dry maybe, could have had hurt on that one.
rainbow-walker

Post by rainbow-walker »

Same here Andy, on a Tiger 900 and never been before, but got my ticket booked and hoping it happens and happy to meet up with likeminded people.

I've also fitted some barkbusters and Bridgestone AX41's so I'm ready :lol: .

The only off-road I have done is a bit with the Triumph Adventure centre in Wales using their bikes (level1/2 and a 2 day gravel tour). Learnt loads though.

Ryan.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”