Photo chain link...

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
daveuprite

Re: Photo chain link...

Post by daveuprite »

LINK: Bulldog. Yamaha in this case. Nice looking bike IMO, but sadly it's as exciting to ride as Anne Widdecombe.

OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:31 am LINK: Bulldog. Yamaha in this case. Nice looking bike IMO, but sadly it's as exciting to ride as Anne Widdecombe.

I actually quite enjoyed riding the Yamaha Bulldog, it did run out of revs a bit to soon though.

As for riding Anne Widdecome, I bow to your greater experience.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

OnHellas wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:57 am As for riding Anne Widdecome, I bow to your greater experience.
:lol: I walked right into that one.
soho

Post by soho »

mark vb wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 am
Asgard wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:05 am Link AT ....kept it all of 4 months, Dangerous bike (danger of falling asleep whilst riding it) :mrgreen:
I beg to differ - dangerous rider I would say, get that narcolepsy sorted :lol:
Seriously.....In all my years that's the first EVER negative comment I've heard about an AT !
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Link = uninspiring V-twin
img098.jpg
img098.jpg (144.72 KiB) Viewed 567 times

What a beauty eh ! One of my old despatch bikes, glad those days are over...
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Link - Old school topbox.
Early to mid 1980s. A crime to add the box and panniers to a LeMans but, at the time, needs must. Remember those boil in the bag Rukka jackets?
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Nico-D wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:49 pm glad those days are over...
Too right, though occasionally i have dreams (nightmares really) of those old days back on the circuit.
I take it you and Paul_C worked in London like i did. Who did you work for? I started at Delta then went to Marathon, Security Despatch who bought out Marathon, then ended up with West1, who for me were the best one i worked for.
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

I was based outside of London, Leatherhead mainly but also Staines , Woking etc., most of the work was in and out of London though.
Can't believe I survived 7-8 years of that unscathed :o

The firm was Point to Point, though there were two firms of that name, I worked for the one started by Colin Schiller who used to write for Which Bike mag and went on to start FastBikes mag.

Never had a Rukka but the cheaper version made by Baleno, quite good actually and a bit stretchy, still boil in a bag though :lol:
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Nico-D wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:33 pm I was based outside of London, Leatherhead mainly but also Staines , Woking etc., most of the work was in and out of London though.
Can't believe I survived 7-8 years of that unscathed :o

The firm was Point to Point, though there were two firms of that name, I worked for the one started by Colin Schiller who used to write for Which Bike mag and went on to start FastBikes mag.

Never had a Rukka but the cheaper version made by Baleno, quite good actually and a bit stretchy, still boil in a bag though :lol:
I worked at Delta Guildford in Woodbridge Hill for a couple of years after London and then went back to where the money was without doing distance work. Lived up on Box Hill for my last few years at it. Some lovely back lanes round Surrey.
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm

I worked at Delta Guildford in Woodbridge Hill for a couple of years after London and then went back to where the money was without doing distance work. Lived up on Box Hill for my last few years at it. Some lovely back lanes round Surrey.
Ha , small world we were practically neighbours ! Yes there's some lovely bits of Surrey around the north Downs, my early biking years were spent around there, loads of laughs on my old DT 175 on and off road and often 2-up :shock: :lol:

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”