Transalps

The Things We Ride
Tramp

Re: Transalps

Post by Tramp »

Yep my ta650 went all over even into the undergrowth and down the side of the odd pyrenees hill....it was a 2004 and last I`d seen it was approaching 100k having being retiered to the crazy city called London..

Ive a xt660z which I can honestly say is far better than the old slapper Alp :lol: has the same reliabilty and go anywhere hope aboard and the worlds your destination...selling for crazy money now.
IMG_20190422_160632.jpg
IMG_20190422_160632.jpg (193.01 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
crofty

Post by crofty »

phone 036.JPG
phone 036.JPG (133.36 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
I enjoyed my 700, often think of buying another but other bikes seem to get in the way :lol:
stunning bike btw Russ :lol:
Coppice

Post by Coppice »

mines a 98 600, its had a bit of a tough life with previous owners so i'm not going to be upset about abusing it. Last year it had a bit of a strip and re-build so I now have confidence that it should be reliable. I had to replace a front wheel (rear was rebuilt by PO) and swing arm with parts from italy and greece but they were cheap enough. I've also managed to accumulate a massive box of spares for it just in case.

It's got the crash bars, rear panniers, heated grips, k60 scouts, original and stainless exhaust boxes.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I think the fact that there are still plenty out there, and some obviously in great condition, says a lot about the Alp--the 600s in particular are holding their price--built when Honda got most things right, including build quality. The 660 yam is just too tall for me when fully loaded(and far more expensive)--and there lies the beauty of the Alp--as simple as it gets, and will do loads of miles in comfort. Also , because it was far more popular in Europe, there are loads of spares available. When I was having a "moment", and getting prepared for an investigative strip down , I bought a complete carb set and an ECU--both for 70 quid each. As it turned out not necessary--the old "bit of paper flapping across the air intake under the seat" trick!! At least I have spares! Stuff like indicators and other consumables are still available new at reasonable prices. Even big tanks are available. Brighty still runs his Frankenbike in Bulgaria.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

boboneleg wrote:I've owned/sold five Transalps over the years, three 600's and two 650's (one of them went to Dave (dodursley). I call them the easiest bike in the world to ride, utterly reliable and will even do a bit of off-roading if you don't mind the suspension bottoming out now and again :mrgreen:

I would never rule out owning another one but most of the 600's are getting a bit long in the tooth now.
Do you think the T700 (albeit a parallel twin) is a modern version of the Transalp?

Similar middleweight cc etc
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:50 pm Do you think the T700 (albeit a parallel twin) is a modern version of the Transalp?

Could very well be Johnny, if I get around to riding it i'll let you know :lol:
one-legged adventurer
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Yep , i had a 99 600 and loved it only moved it on as a Vara was better for touring two up , i keep looking at them over here , theres plenty about and they don't salt the roads here so less rot
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

boboneleg wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:50 pm Do you think the T700 (albeit a parallel twin) is a modern version of the Transalp?

Could very well be Johnny, if I get around to riding it i'll let you know :lol:
Aren’t you using yours?

I have been out a few times in November
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “BIKES”