Hgv driving licence renewal update.....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Hgv driving licence renewal update.....

Post by Tramp »

Okay I sent my licence and all correct medical forms Inc my in date licence... They have just returned it in my self addressed envelope that I had to pay extra to get back from the post office....

They said I hadn't included a photo ref section g.... Well it's day a photo is only needed if the leiscence has expired it hadn't by 3 weeks...

So as its my 3rd medical renewal and I've never Inc a photo before.... I'm I wrong to have not Inc a photo?

Before I give then a royal telling off.... Probably some dumb wit training as not enough staff...

I'm fuming to say the least.... I was stopped in France on Friday by police and had to explain why I had no licence.... They where not amused and said I could face big fine.....
Last edited by Tramp on Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snaf MKII

Re: Hgv driving licence renewal medical beware..!

Post by Snaf MKII »

Did you get a renewal form from DVLA sent to you? If so it would have said if you need a new photo
Or did you fill in section 6&7 on the application by mistake?

I guess that you know you could (and probably still can) have a seven month extension due to covid virus if your licence expires before 31st August.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Yep new about the extension but if you check on line your licence still has expired....

The 7 month extension is because that's how long they will take to issue a replacement driving licence...

They don't change the date.... One big fuck up like self isolation requests....
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Pre C19 I went to the post office and had them update my photo using one of their booths, then ensured they used the same photo on my license come medical time
sledgegreen

Post by sledgegreen »

The licence and the photo have separate expiry dates.

My licence (cars and motorcycles) expires the day before my 70th birthday, but the photo is only valid for 10 years. I had to supply a new photo last year when I changed address, even though the licence was valid for another 14 years at that point.

I think that there was another complication that meant that I couldn't use my existing passport photo. My passport had about a year to go before expiry, so the photo was still valid to use on an existing document, but was too old to use for a new document.
Tramp

Re: Hgv driving licence renewal update.....

Post by Tramp »

Okay just received my new renewed driving licence today with correct entitlements... Not bad sent it off 3rd week of July....

Now to go find a permanent job as before it showed on dvla records as expired even though we as vocational drivers had a 3 months covid 19 extension...

So I'm real happy again.. For 5 years anyway.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

My medical needs renewal by 19 December so will have to get it done well before. Does DVSA send you a renewal form?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

no and even the envelopes arent stamped self addressed now :lol: ..

you can download from dvla site and print off at work or home...make sure you use the correct postage for size and weight of envelope....dont bother inc another envelope for your old licence to be returned ....they dont do that either now :lol: ..

Allow minimum 2-3 mnths for replacement to be sent ....and inc a photo too :o even if yours is upto date.....they really are incompetent :twisted: .

id do it asap as like before all governmental staff are moved over to sort out the Brexit fuckups......January is going to be a crazy month in Haulage industry..

Return to “THE PUB”