The Yamaha Tenere thread

The Things We Ride
OnHellas

Re: The Yamaha Tenere thread

Post by OnHellas »

It looks like T7Rally are close to marketing their larger fuel tank. It’ll add 10 litres capacity by the sounds of it.
And all in within the existing bodywork......interesting.
dave h

Post by dave h »

$$$$$$$

Dave.
Nico-D

Post by Nico-D »

Gets a big thumbs up from F9, great video, always worth watching anything from these guys.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

hate swopping bikes its taken 5 weeks to get all the bits i need and i ended up with the adreani cartaidges as i couldnt be bothered with suspension shops ...saw the auusi suspension video and took a blind punt .... pretty good result very plush and way more comliant on harder edged stuff so that was a relief ... im sure it could be made better as standard but no one seems to know proper what to do and rally raids high end solutions are 1200 quid ...id say for somone want ting a comfortable ride at what id call travel speeds these are very nice ...

rear spring 95nm seems right for me and thats made thisgs way better too

got me tyres sorted went for a test braaap so i was pretty relived to find me 480eros was worth it to me ..i was quite pleased how it went ..so shes now ready for braaaaping

ill break a champaign bottle on the tank ..and name this ship big fat bastard :D

let the good times rolll

braaaaaap

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Hi Minky,
Good to hear you’ve now got your bike something like sorted suspension wise and the graphics look great!

I’m still at the blank canvas stage so currently looking to add a decent bash plate, engine bars and lever protection before moving onto the suspension once I’ve tried it properly off road.
I’m amazed at the amount of aftermarket choice there is. There’s 16 different suppliers of bash/skid plates available!!!
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

im a big unit ..and its a heavy bike ... mine really was very poor so i had to do somthing

i think chris at kodmama composites is about to launch his carbon fibre option bashplate ...i went axp as i do think it has all the engine lowerers and rear links well thought out

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

minkyhead wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 pm Image
Looks really good. Is it a Yamaha by any chance?
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:im a big unit ..and its a heavy bike ... mine really was very poor so i had to do somthing

i think chris at kodmama composites is about to launch his carbon fibre option bashplate ...i went axp as i do think it has all the engine lowerers and rear links well thought out

AXP is good stuff
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
petecam

Post by petecam »

Nico-D wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:47 pm
Gets a big thumbs up from F9, great video, always worth watching anything from these guys.
I think F9 is a brilliant review channel. Funny and often very intelligent tests. The T700 looks a very interesting bike but its still over 200kg with only 70bhp...... cant help think it would be a dog on the longer motorway trips......
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

petecam wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Nico-D wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:47 pm
I think F9 is a brilliant review channel. Funny and often very intelligent tests. The T700 looks a very interesting bike but its still over 200kg with only 70bhp...... cant help think it would be a dog on the longer motorway trips......
A dog? How fast do you want to go?
I had a Tracer 700 and it would do 80MPH all day without fuss.
I’ve ridden an F800GS, which had probably lost I few of the horses it left the factory with by the end, all around Australia, all over Europe and from the top of the Americas to the bottom.
A few times I wished I had a lighter bike, I’ll give you that one, but lacking in power????? Only once.

Into a Patagonian headwind. Two people, Sidecar and full luggage.

Nah, the Tenere 700 will be fine.

Return to “BIKES”