My new bike

The Things We Ride
Scott_rider

My new bike

Post by Scott_rider »

My new bike. I bought it in February before we knew what we know now :( .

Anyway, its a Yamaha Tracer 900. It was pre-registered with 1 mile on the clock. I’ve done 1000 miles on it and have just run it in. I also did the first service myself, so to speak, as the dealers were closed.
It’s very quick, so that suits me. Reminds me of my old Speed Triple 1050 in a lot of ways, only more modern and lighter 8-) .

Not big and not clever, but so far I’ve managed to do Hyde Park corner, central London to Aylesbury in 48 mins on it, (42 miles) :oops:

I sense a new love affair may be starting... :D

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Asgard

Re: My new bike

Post by Asgard »

Congrats another no-nonsense Yammie...........something about Yamahas they just seem to deliver, I've yet to have one I didnt like/love

Enjoy
Its a trick............get an Axe
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Been looking for a while , love em
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I have the GT and that engine is a bloody peach, torque at low revs if you're lazy or rev the nuts off it and use the QS :D
Still not sure about the blupurple wheels though :shock:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Nice 8-)
one-legged adventurer
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

wOw very nice machine that..! When I first saw the images I thought it was the Tracer 700, very alike styling/shape wise.

Enjoy - they get a fabulous write up, stonking triple cylinder engine.

Have fun, ride safe.

Regards;
Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
RandG

Post by RandG »

Nigel wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:50 pm I have the GT and that engine is a bloody peach, torque at low revs if you're lazy or rev the nuts off it and use the QS :D
Still not sure about the blupurple wheels though :shock:
Interesting you say that about torque at low revs as I never found that when I had one, just felt you had to rev the tits out of it to make it sing, and yes indeed it did sing whence it got going.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Nice bike, and they sound gorgeous....enjoy
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Thanks guys 8-) .

I'm no road tester so all I can do is compare it to the other bikes that I've had over the years but so far, so good. In fact, very good :) .
Mine is the facelifted version and as far as I know Yamaha tweaked the engine, ergonomics, throttle action, and the suspension compared with the original Tracer. They also changed a few of the body panels as well. If anyone is considering getting one and wants an idea of what it's like then I'd say it's got way more 'shove' than a sports in-line four but not as much top end. It's far, far quicker off the line and up to 90mph than my old R1 engined Fazer but the Fazer would beat it at high revs....however you'd probably be doing 110+ before the Fazer would pull away so how often in the real world do we all do that speed? :oops: . If anyone has ridden a 1050 Triumph Triple then it's similar to how they behave but with a lot more top end, so it's all relative. It's also very comfy and I think the only thing I might do is firm up the front suspension a touch because it dives a little bit when you brake. It's actually only 847cc but it behaves more like a 1000cc. It feels really pokey, but civilised and angry at the same time, if that makes sense? I'm well chuffed with it so far 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

If you're not a top speed junkie I'd look at replacing the Tracer 900's rear sprocket to '2 extra teeth' for slightly more power/grunt.......get up and go, well worth it....!
You don't need crazy top end speeds anymore on normal roads, but the 2 extra teeth gives you that little bit extra - simply superb.

My V-Strom's had this done 8yrs ago and I wouldn't return to standard gearing ever again.
I fitted a gold/anadoised 'Renthal' rear sprocket...... quality.

Regards;
Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa

Return to “BIKES”