Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Asgard

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Asgard »

Oh well, we are just past the peak and seem to be on a plateau of high death rates so they think its all over, enjoy it while you can untill the idiots in charge realise they've fucked up again and have to put another lockdown in place.

Piss up and brewery comes to mind when considering the quality of our political class

Rinse and repeat

P.S. Glad you can ride your bikes further and more often as its a very very low infection risk
Its a trick............get an Axe
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Re :the riding thing,
I expect one thing loads of you know allready but I'm behind the times perhaps, anyway I recently discovered the Esso App where after setting it up you can pull in at an Esso station and fill up without having to go inside and pay, your phone communicates with the cashier and its all automatic, a bit like paying by card but even better as the only thing you touch is the fuel nozzle so where some gloves for that part and sling em in the bin as soon as you put the nozzle back ...sorted
Makes things a lot less stressfull.

Another thing struck me a I was setting this up....are we seeing the end of cash everywhere but the black market and private sales?
Its a trick............get an Axe
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

Powerfull stuff from Piers Morgan.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I’ll give Kier Starmer his due, he acknowledged that any government would struggle to work out what to do. He also hasn’t been as overtly negative as I expected.

Boris was daft giving ANY detail last night. I thought it was supposed to be a ‘road map’ but not with any specific detail or dates.
I suspect he was under pressure from business to give some positives but it backfired.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I think I’ve worked it out...

* 4 year olds can; go to school but university students who have paid for their tuition and the accommodation that they aren’t living in, can’t go back to university.

* I can go to school with many 4 year olds that I’m not related to but can’t see one 4 year old that I am related to.

* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

* I can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

* I can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe but not two people so if I know two people from another household I have to pick my favourite. Hopefully, I’m also their favourite person from my household or this could be awkward. But possibly I’m not. In fact, thinking about it, I definitely wouldn’t be. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one I choose anyway so you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict my eyeline too much and prevent me from being alert.

* I can work all day with my colleagues but I can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

* I can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day felt like I was some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

* I can drive to other destinations although which destinations is unclear. I was supposed to be in Brighton this weekend. Can I drive there? It’s hundreds of miles away but no one has said that’s wrong.

* The buses are still running past my house but I shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t do know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more.So we don’t have to say at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

Don’t forget...

Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dogs and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.

So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.
Cheers
petecam

Post by petecam »

Here you go...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... distancing

If you want to ride your bike somewhere, looks like you can. I guess just dont be a twat about it........

"4. Visiting public places

You can exercise outside as often as you wish and from Wednesday 13 May, you can also sit and rest outside – exercise or recreation can be alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.

From Wednesday 13 May, you may drive to outdoor publicly accessible open spaces irrespective of distance, but should follow social distancing guidance whilst you are there. You should plan ahead to ensure that, where you are visiting places like National Parks, you have checked that they are open and appropriately prepared for visitors. You should not go to ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces."
Flyfifer

Post by Flyfifer »

Page 49 Annexe A

"Public Health England recommends trying to keep 2m away from
people as a precaution. However, this is not a rule and the science is complex. The key thing is to
not be too close to people for more than a short amount of time, as much as you can"

Trying, Not a Rule, As much as You Can.
There's lots more of that language in the Annexe.

Oh, and I read somewhere in it about mandatory social distancing on buses but because you can't wear a scarf.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Went out today, away from the house or the forest that is, for the first time in nearly 3 weeks. We needed a food top-up and the DIY shops have now re-opened so went in search of more paint etc.

There's a store in Bellac called Action, which sells all kinds of stuff. The staff were fantastic. Orderly distanced queue outside. One staff-member opening and closing the door to keep us from touching it. Numbers inside the shop limited to 40 (it's quite a big warehouse store), which was being controlled by requiring everyone to use trolley baskets which were counted back into the pile when you returned it. As soon as the baskets ran out, no-one new allowed in to the shop until some baskets had been returned. One member of staff's sole job was to sterilise the baskets between customers and to check that everybody used the copious amounts of hand-gel supplied before picking up a basket. Nobody allowed in without a mask. Constant monitoring of distancing within the shop. Big screens around all checkouts. Time limit of 15 minutes in the shop per person. Customers asked not to handle the goods before buying - just to choose one and put it in the basket. It worked pretty well and felt very safe.

Over to Carrefour supermarket, and everyone is milling about without a care, smelling peaches and reading wine labels ! I couldn't wait to get back out into the fresh air away from the zombies.

People seem to be forgetting that the virus is fomite. It remains on inert things that people touch for some time afterwards, ready to transfer to the next victim - especially things like door handles, toilet flush handles, your computer mouse/keyboard, pin-code card machines, shopping trolleys, steering wheels and gear nobs etc. Going out to communal indoor facilities (i.e. shops) is one of the most dangerous things we can do right now, until the infection and case rates are much much lower than they currently are in Western Europe, let alone the U.S. So keep it quick, keep away from others, wash hands obsessively and forget all the touchy-feely stuff you used to do in shops.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

I nipped into action last week for some paint, girl on the door said I had to have a trolley basket, I politely said no thanks, she said it again, and in the end I took it as she was quite pretty with a nice smile. It wasn't till I got round to the checkouts that the penny dropped. Quite literally. Doh, it had been a long week. :lol: :lol:

Return to “THE PUB”