Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tonibe63

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Tonibe63 »

The UK needs to lockdown now.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Generally speaking, I like Boris but in my opinion he’s not coming over very well in his press conferences and I agree that he may well be out of his depth. By coincidence and by contrast there was a documentary on tv this morning about Churchill’s speeches in WW2 and the difference in authority, reassurance, and leadership was obvious. I also saw Macron’s address to the French nation and whilst I know little about him compared to our politicians, I felt that he came across as much more statesmen like than Boris. As I say, it’s only my opinion but I think Boris’s PR guys need to up their game or he needs to up his.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Scott_rider wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:48 pm I agree that he may well be out of his depth. By coincidence and by contrast there was a documentary on tv this morning about Churchill’s speeches in WW2 and the difference in authority, reassurance, and leadership was obvious.
The only commonality between Johnson and Churchill is the nodding insurance dog. Johnson is keeping bars and restaurants open to protect his mates in the insurance industry.
Trevor Twobikes

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

And how many times did Churchill have a question and answer session with the British press that was relayed live to the nation on the Home Service.

I get a bit pissed off with the continuous Boris bashing.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Trevor Twobikes wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:13 am And how many times did Churchill have a question and answer session with the British press that was relayed live to the nation on the Home Service.

Me too.

Does anybody really believe that Boris is NOT trying to do the best thing and listening to the scientific information that is available?
I don’t see him trying to score political points, I believe that he knows that what he and his team are dealing with is way beyond that.

For every decision that is made the knock on effect is huge. The amount of scenarios that need thinking through immense. This is not just a medical emergency. It’s social, it’s economic. It’s like nothing we’ve seen before. There is no guide book to refer to. The book is being written hour by hour as we go.

Nobody knows when the virus will subside. Nobody knows when schools will open. Nobody knows when a cure will be found.

However, I am confident that there are plenty of people, far more intelligent than me, working very hard to find solutions to the current situation.

Keep well and stay safe.
Last edited by OnHellas on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Trevor Twobikes wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:13 am And how many times did Churchill have a question and answer session with the British press that was relayed live to the nation on the Home Service.

I don't bash good quality politicians. Johnson is an opportunist chancer, who wings it with jokes and banter during the easy times, successfully pulled the wool over gullible eyes, and is now floundering in the deep end during the difficult times - when what's urgently needed is top-quality, thorough analytical and decision-making skills. He's famous in Whitehall for not even reading a brief beyond the second paragraph. You couldn't pick a worse kind of person to be in charge at this moment of crisis. If you voted for him then you are right now reaping exactly what you sowed (but sadly you also dragged everyone else down to the same incompetent level). Same with Trump of course. Actually he is even worse.
Last edited by daveuprite on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:26 am
Scott_rider wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:48 pm I agree that he may well be out of his depth. By coincidence and by contrast there was a documentary on tv this morning about Churchill’s speeches in WW2 and the difference in authority, reassurance, and leadership was obvious.
The only commonality between Johnson and Churchill is the nodding insurance dog. Johnson is keeping bars and restaurants open to protect his mates in the insurance industry.
Yes, apparently most insurance wont pay when the shutdown is advisory only
It Stinks
Its a trick............get an Axe
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I voted blue at the last election, although red won the constituency, and I’m pleased that I did.

Can you imagine Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbot running the show?
The Labour Party haven’t even managed to elect a new leader yet......dither and delay.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:26 am

I don't bash good quality politicians. Johnson is an opportunist chancer, who wings it with jokes and banter during the easy times, successfully pulled the wool over gullible eyes, and is now floundering in the deep end during the difficult times - when what's urgently needed is top-quality, thorough analytical and decision-making skills.

He's famous in Whitehall for not even reading a brief beyond the second paragraph.

You couldn't pick a worse kind of person to be in charge at this moment of crisis.

If you voted for him then you are right now reaping exactly what you sowed (but sadly you also dragged everyone else down to the same incompetent level).

Same with Trump of course. Actually he is even worse.
Got it in one, he is seriously floundering
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “THE PUB”