Covid 19 Coronavirus

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Chunkychops

Re: Covid 19 Coronavirus

Post by Chunkychops »

Redmurty wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:21 am
petecam wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 am
Redmurty wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am are some of you people just waking up to racism ? if brexit has done that then it was all worth it...... :o

If you have only just woken up to racism since the referendum well I envy your previous life, and if you believe it has only just become more obvious since the referendum I envy your previous life.
If you were referencing the comment I made, then no I appreciate it wasn’t all butterflies and unicorns before the referendum, but there has been a marked increase in attacks since 2016 and it seem to have given some bigots some kind of credibility for their behaviour.

BTW, both my ex wife and current partner are Irish and even to this day there are comments about the IRA and making bombs made sometimes. (Facepalm)

My intent was not to pick on or single out anyone, more attacks since 2016 or more perceived attacks or more reported attacks because it was all making the news and was weaponised to create an issue or demonise a proportion of society. Racist attacks have always happened always will happen.

Brexit is now passe so the next big money maker/paper seller is Corona until the next big thing comes along to scare and control the sheepeoples. I was listening to a Prof this morning saying it was all doom and gloom and we should all be tested and then the next guy comes on the TV and rubbished everything the other one said.

As I said the suns out the roads are dryish, whip ya bikes out boys blow the cobwebs away or just take some vitamin "D"

enjoy your spring, and on that note I'm off out.....

cheers Spud ;)
'Racist attacks have always happened always will happen. ' - I thought the point of civilization was to progress humanity through education and learning from past mistakes? It seems some of us are quite happy with our groundhog day existence
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

One of the single biggest risks to world health and the global economy right at this moment is, amazingly enough, the American President !!

First Trump ignored Covid 19, then he called it a hoax, then he chose to believe it was a political conspiracy against him, and now he politicises it all himself by banning flights from all European countries except UK/ Eire in some kind of pathetic gesture to the EU. The last of which is against all clinical health advice but incredibly appears to make no sense unless it is literally for his own self interest (i.e. where he owns golf-courses).

And to think that there are even people in Britain, even a couple on this forum, who apologise for Trump and support his twisted infantile world view! There is no single individual on the planet who presents more risk to it than Donald J Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rus-crisis
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote:One of the single biggest risks to world health and the global economy right at this moment is, amazingly enough, the American President !!

First Trump ignored Covid 19, then he called it a hoax, then he chose to believe it was a political conspiracy against him, and now he politicises it all himself by banning flights from all European countries except UK/ Eire in some kind of pathetic gesture to the EU. The last of which is against all clinical health advice but incredibly appears to make no sense unless it is literally for his own self interest (i.e. where he owns golf-courses).

And to think that there are even people in Britain, even a couple on this forum, who apologise for Trump and support his twisted infantile world view! There is no single individual on the planet who presents more risk to it than Donald J Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... rus-crisis
Well said
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

The problem with Trump is he is stupid. He doesn't know he is stupid. And he is the president.
He makes America great again, by basically blaming everyone else. Covid-19 in the US is europes
fault. Therefor ban all flights from europe, except the UK, and except for US citizens, and their relatives,
so not really.

A person can be intelligent and rational. People are stupid.

And this pandemic is showing that... The human race is the biggest virus on the planet.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

First Trump ignored Covid 19, then he called it a hoax, then he chose to believe it was a political conspiracy against him, and now he politicises it all himself by banning flights from all European countries except UK/ Eire in some kind of pathetic gesture to the EU.
Firstly I agree about that massive idiot-cnut Trump (one can only assume that America is at least half full of the clinically insane to vote in such a person)
but as for the EU travel ban, the omission of the UK and Ireland is a bad thing thing for us here, it means heathrow is now the main hub for travel to and from America, those wanting to make such journeys will now simply route through the UK,
added to the fact that the UK are doing fuck all about screening or restricting any travel then Heathrow is about to become the worlds main hub for the virus distribution network
Its a trick............get an Axe
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Chunkychops wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:40 pm
Redmurty wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:21 am
petecam wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 am
Redmurty wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am are some of you people just waking up to racism ? if brexit has done that then it was all worth it...... :o

If you have only just woken up to racism since the referendum well I envy your previous life, and if you believe it has only just become more obvious since the referendum I envy your previous life.
If you were referencing the comment I made, then no I appreciate it wasn’t all butterflies and unicorns before the referendum, but there has been a marked increase in attacks since 2016 and it seem to have given some bigots some kind of credibility for their behaviour.

BTW, both my ex wife and current partner are Irish and even to this day there are comments about the IRA and making bombs made sometimes. (Facepalm)

My intent was not to pick on or single out anyone, more attacks since 2016 or more perceived attacks or more reported attacks because it was all making the news and was weaponised to create an issue or demonise a proportion of society. Racist attacks have always happened always will happen.

Brexit is now passe so the next big money maker/paper seller is Corona until the next big thing comes along to scare and control the sheepeoples. I was listening to a Prof this morning saying it was all doom and gloom and we should all be tested and then the next guy comes on the TV and rubbished everything the other one said.

As I said the suns out the roads are dryish, whip ya bikes out boys blow the cobwebs away or just take some vitamin "D"

enjoy your spring, and on that note I'm off out.....

cheers Spud ;)
'Racist attacks have always happened always will happen. ' - I thought the point of civilization was to progress humanity through education and learning from past mistakes? It seems some of us are quite happy with our groundhog day existence
where in my post does it say anyone is happy, racist attacks will always happen because human beings exist with all their foibles. Ask anyone who has been subject to racist attacks if they are happy about it :roll:

Yes we should be learning but how long has the human race been in existence and yet we still have not learnt to live in peaceful existence and we are slowly killing each other and the world

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I like to think we are making progress...if people in Hartlepool see a monkey these days, they no longer hang it for fear that it is a French spy!
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I haven't read all 15 pages, so appologies if i'm writing what has already been posted.

As most of you know, I live in Catalunya, Spain. As of yesterday, I received the following:
OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF FLIX BY CORONAVIRUS
As a result of the activation of PROCICAT in the alert phase for Covid-19, the Emergency Monitoring Commission of the Flix City Council has been formed, composed of the Batlle, the Municipal Government team, the Head of Services Municipal and the Chief of the Municipal Guard, where the following measures have been agreed:
Close the Retirement Home, as the elderly are the most at risk.
Close all municipal sports facilities, due to the suspension of the competition calendar.
Suspend all activities, days, courses, etc. the rest of the municipal facilities as well as the foreign market activity.
Recommend to all associations, clubs and entities that, as far as possible, postpone extraordinary activities.
These measures will come into force according to the Decree of Batllia at 3 pm on Thursday, March 12, 2020 and until further notice.
Following that, towns with confirmed infections were placed on lockdown. Flights and ferries to and from Morocco were cancelled, and amongst the 15 countries who were prohibited from entering the Czech republic, Spain was one of them. Spain is going to be the next Italy, and the UK is just 4 weeks behind Italy, so it looks highly likely there will be strict border controls across europe soon.

Personally, living off-grid and in the middle of nowhere, I feel quite detached from it all other than having had some bike tours cancelled and wondering whether 3 weeks worth of food and water will be enough, but if I have to, I have some supplies in my van that I bought for a friend that I could use.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Some countries doing a better job than others

https://news.yahoo.com/taiwan-teach-wor ... 00167.html

The Two Stooges (Trump and Johnson) have turned Heathrow into a world hub for the distribution of the virus. Anyone in mainland Europe wishing to go to the USA will now transit through Heathrow, where there is no screening of passengers at all.

If those two had another brain-cell between them, they could be a cabbage.

Return to “THE PUB”