Zero Review

The Things We Ride
Cone

Re: Zero Review

Post by Cone »

Chalky723 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:56 am I'd need more range - my daily commute is 120 miles. Plus, in the winter I have Heated Grips & jacket on (sometimes trousers too) - so it'd have to cope with that too. And a fairing would be required....

Interesting to see how they're coming along though.

D
Well if you could charge at the office that’s doable.

They will also charge from a 240v 3 pin socket so if your stuck for a fast charger you could just use an extension lead look at it like this 120 miles at 60mpg is 560 miles a week. At approx £5.5 a gallon you using about £52 a week or £208 quid a month, if you can charge at work that’s 208 pounds you won’t spend, a top up at home may cost £1-2 of electricity.

With a £65 annual service charge and the only fluids are brake fluid the costs are low. There you’ll find payback of the bike maybe somewhere around 3 yrs then your probably saving £200/ month after 3 years.

Also assume in 5-10 years there are emission zones everywhere and traffic has only gotten worse.

Anyway this is my argument at the moment and plus it was very fun to ride 😂
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I tested some Zero bikes last year and had a great time: here's what I thought!

When you take the total cost of ownership over several years, the price difference is minimal.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

Cone wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am
Chalky723 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:56 am I'd need more range - my daily commute is 120 miles. Plus, in the winter I have Heated Grips & jacket on (sometimes trousers too) - so it'd have to cope with that too. And a fairing would be required....

Interesting to see how they're coming along though.

D
Well if you could charge at the office that’s doable.
In the underground garage at work there are between 10 & 15 bikes per day. There aren't any sockets down there (there is power, just no sockets) and I couldn't see them letting all of us charge for free, they're more likely to allow us to increase the number of days we work from home, so negating the need for a bike to get to work in the first place.

I'll worry about it when/if the bike gets hit for the ULEZ charge (it's exempt at the moment).

Also - last month I rode 2 1/2 hours to Salisbury Plain, rode round there for 4 hours, filled up & then rode 2 1/2 hours home....

As I said, it's progressing, but not quite there for me.

D

Return to “BIKES”